Talk:Golden Mile Complex
|WikiProject Singapore||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|A fact from Golden Mile Complex appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 16 August 2007. The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
Please assert notability or it will probably be deleted. --NeilN 06:19, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
- Trust me, I only create notable articles. —Sengkang 06:21, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
This sentence makes no sense at all:
- The building is serviced from the rear with a Mass Rapid Transit line and a continuous pedestrian spine linking all buildings in the Golden Mile of Beach Road.
There are no MRT stops anywhere near GMC and while I'm not sure what a "continuous pedestrian spine" is supposed to be, as a vertebrate pedestrian myself, I think it sounds pretty painful. Jpatokal 14:15, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
- This sentence generally refers to the building's location in terms of services, like public transport, and the building's design relative to pedestrian accessibility with the other buildings in the stretch. The reference to the MRT refers to the building's location relative to the nearest MRT line, i.e. the East-West line at Lavender. It does not mean that the station has to be located right next to the building's door step. "Pedestrian spine" is an architectural term and conveys the designer's intent to link all the buildings within the Golden Mile stretch of development. These services to the building is from its rear, and not its frontage to the sea. This is the main point that the sentence is trying to make. By the way, these are adapted from Robert Powell's book on Singapore Architecture, published in 2004, and are not plucked from the sky. I've re-phrased the sentence to make it clearer to the layman. Thanks. —Sengkang 15:30, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
- I repeat, there are no MRT stops anywhere near GMC, and it's highly misleading to state that it's connected to the line if the line doesn't bloody stop there. Jpatokal 16:57, 13 August 2007 (UTC)
- So be it. —Sengkang 00:54, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Golden Mile Complex. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070612173317/http://infopedia.nlb.gov.sg/articles/SIP_889_2004-12-23.html to http://infopedia.nlb.gov.sg/articles/SIP_889_2004-12-23.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.