Poles in Hrodna
Hmmm... According to the 1989 census there were roughly 417.700 Poles in Belarus, huge majority of them living in the area of Grodno. At the same time this article claims that there are only 2.800 of Poles. What happened to the rest of them? Also, why is the alleged number of Poles living there much smaller than the number of the Polish Association in Belarus (ZPB)? Halibutt 10:00, Jun 11, 2005 (UTC)
- OK I know: the belarusian web site is screwed up. The title says Hrodna, but the text speaks about "Mogilev region". A cut-n-paste problem, so data is unverified. I will look for Hrodna. mikka (t) 15:26, 11 Jun 2005 (UTC)
twaj Thanks for the detective work, guys - I guess you can hold Lukashenko responsible - it won't be the worst thing he's done!
Restored Polish landguage reference
- There is a significant Polish speaking minority in London as well, why not add Polish there? --Kuban Cossack (По-балакаем?) 12:50, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
- I would add it to Chicago since it is the 2nd largest Polish-speaking city on the planet, but it's Chicago in Polish. Hrodna Voblast, by the Belarus government, has a significant Polish minority, what is the problem with leaving the Polish reference in the article? Ajh1492 (talk) 13:56, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
Move discussion in progress
There is a move discussion in progress on Talk:Administrative divisions of Belarus which affects this page. Please participate on that page and not in this talk page section. Thank you. —RM bot 17:30, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
Controversial changes to the article
- calling the entity "province" in the text while the article is named with the designator "region"
- talk of "Grodno region" during WW2, which could mean a loosely defined area and not the administrative region/oblast
- "Grodno region constitutes one of 6 provinces" sic!
Additionally she changed links to articles that are named "X District" to lead to "X district". I reverted that. Then she asks, coupled with personal attacks, that I revert all my edits to Belarus  "please revert all of your changes to Belarus, Ukraine, etc.". Derianus (talk) 02:37, 21 October 2014 (UTC)