Talk:Hamilton Army Airfield
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
the 41st Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron was also stationed at Hamilton in the 1960's and early 1970's. They had HH-53 Jolly Geen Helicoptors and C-130's(H, P, & N models)they were the only operation squadron(there was a test squadron)to do Air to Air Recovery missions of space cones where they would catch the parachutes while the nose cones of missiles were descending. They at one time also did Surface to Air Recovery of downed airmen.
The numbers of planes damaged or destroyed in the Pearl Harbor attack (subsection) are inconsistent. Of twelve planes, five were destroyed and eight damaged. ??? PKKloeppel (talk) 14:18, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
While doing research on BRAT lifestyles, my life, I came across this picture of the Hamilton housing area known as Spanish Housing. It was occupied by the Air Force families, my family, until the base was closed. Now it's used by the Navy for their families. I was happy they saved these homes. They were built in the '30's and had very thick walls, no need for air conditioning. They had wonderful wooden floors and a fire place. The kitchens were remodeled in the mid '60's. The street in the photograph is my street, Crescent Drive! Thank you! Connections as adults is difficult. It was 50 years ago! Connections are important to us!
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Hamilton Army Airfield. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120223230713/http://www.afhra.af.mil/organizationalrecords/ to http://www.afhra.af.mil/organizationalrecords
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121109002818/http://ci.novato.ca.us/index.aspx?page=457 to http://www.ci.novato.ca.us/Index.aspx?page=457
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070401033357/http://afhra.maxwell.af.mil/rso/rso_index.html to http://afhra.maxwell.af.mil/rso/rso_index.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060925110244/http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~pettypi/elevon/baugher_us/ to http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~pettypi/elevon/baugher_us/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.