Links from this article with broken #section links :
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Harlow article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Nice to read that Victoria Beckham née Adams is supposed to have lived here, but it seems she was only born in Princess Alexandra Hospital, like my sister, growing up in Goff's Oak, Herts., tho. The article on her has had the reference to Harlow taken out again...
- It's a bit harsh to describe Victoria as a "singer" in quotes, since she's appeared on a lot of very successful pop singles; I was going to change that (singer, dancer, fashion designer, author, businesswoman, actress and model, her page says) but if someone wants to delete her entirely, that might be better for everyone? --Maltelauridsbrigge (talk) 15:27, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- Is it worth adding a list of famous people who were born in Harlow (even if they've never lived there)--TimothyJacobson (talk) 16:16, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
There's a whole lot of a politics here and little of anything else... for a good comparison article, try reading about Harlow's (superior :D) rival town Bishop's Stortford. This article says a lot about the district, and nothing about the town at it's core. AKismet 01:45, 11 April 2006 (UTC)
How comes the essex area has been blocked? Or is it only to me? Simply south 15:56, 5 July 2006 (UTC)
- Just me. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Simply south (talk • contribs) 22:00, 7 October 2006.
Under demographics it says population 77,000 for 1999, which sounds precise. I'm sure that was already about the size when I lived there in the 70s and 80s. But on the left it says 90,000 - can that then be right for 2006? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 17:26, 6 October 2006.
- According to the Office of National Statistics the population at the 2001 census was 78,899 up from 74,629 in 1991. Nomis estimates the population in 2005 to be 77,700 down from 78,800 in 2001 which it places as the highest it had been since the early 80s. Callum 21:37, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
"Each estate is also separated by open space, and the entire town is in the." Incomplete. What might have been intended?
Famous present and former inhabitants
John Urbanek - John is finally retiring from his column in the Sunday Times, after 2 years of struggling to make a living through day trading. What now? Perhaps a book, perhaps a slot on Bloomberg? Perhaps even a Directorship at ADVFN?!
Chav's mentioned in 'Economy' section
I have removed the line refering to higher rates of crime as a result in a rise in the 'chav' community. All though I agree their are less desirable people in the town, there is no need for this to be put on here...AT ALL! (I love my town, born and bred). Dr. A. McBrandy (talk) 21:21, 16 November 2009 (UTC).
- Interesting to some perhaps, but not material to improve the article IMHO. Most places have had some filming nowadays, so hardly notable.SovalValtos (talk) 21:09, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
Harlow is a hole. It is full of Essex scum, moved out of the slums in London, and news reports usually mention it in the context of murder and violence. The architecture is a graphic illustration of why the 60's "rotting concrete" look will never reappear. All this is evident to anyone who spends more than an hour in the place. Yet ... nothing of this appears in the article. It's full of weasel words, such as calling some bit of crap architecture "notable", and so on.
The article should mention the fatal polonophobic attack on Polish EU citizens in the wake of the brexit referendum. 188.8.131.52 (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 19:25, 4 September 2016 (UTC)