Talk:History of the Royal New Zealand Navy
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the History of the Royal New Zealand Navy article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject New Zealand||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Needs expansion (and I don't have the knowledge to do it ;-). The history section of main RNZN article is now much longer than this. Winstonwolfe 03:10, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, and here we are one year later this is still true :-(. Unless there are objections I propose transferring some of this stuff from the main article, particularly the WW2 stuff --Geronimo20 03:37, 15 November 2007 (UTC)
- Good stuff. Do it :-) Winstonwolfe 22:50, 15 November 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Admiral Graf Spee Scuttled.jpg
Image:Admiral Graf Spee Scuttled.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
This is unidiomatic English. It may mean that the history begins with such-and-such and includes the navy's links with the Royal Navy. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 11:10, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on History of the Royal New Zealand Navy. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120302180324/https://www.odt.co.nz/85940/navy-service-remember-those-who-died-serving-nz to http://www.odt.co.nz/85940/navy-service-remember-those-who-died-serving-nz
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.