Talk:Immigration to Italy
|WikiProject Italy||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
Number of foreign residents
The numbers written in the table "Total foreign population" are wrong. The only source cited above the table concerns only the year 2002, therefore they are not verifiable, unlike the data I inserted in my edit. In particular, data until 2011 have been revised downwards as a result of the 2011 census, which found out that there were actually less foreigners than those registered in the municipalities (the revised data can be found in this pdf, on page 9). Besides, a year is missing between the number of 4,387,721 foreigners on 31st December 2012=1st January 2013 (registered in the table as the number for 2013) and the number of 5,014,437 foreigners on 31st December 2014=1st January 2015 (inconsistently registered in the table as the number for 2014): on 31st December 2013=1st January 2014 there were 4,922,085 foreigners. As a result, the increase over the last year amounts to 92,352 foreigners (as you can read on page 2 of this pdf), and not to 626,716, as incorrectly written in the lead. Nykterinos (talk) 09:29, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
Satellite image of Africa and Europe also showing most of middle east
I think that this image is relevant on the basis that it gives a good composite indication of the state of development of various countries combined with the population density of the areas concerned. The image is informative providing clear information from which vistors to the page can draw their own conclusions. GregKaye 11:08, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
- My objections are the following:
- 1) state of development and population density need to be inferred from the image, and it's not straightforward: less luminosity could be due to low population density, to low state of development, or to both.
- 2) the relation between state of development/population density and emigration isn't immediately clear, and should be explained. For example, one could expect emigration to happen from more populated to less populated countries, but this is not the case for emigration from Africa to Europe.
- 3) the two objections above are valid for the use of this kind of image on all immigration-related articles (like African immigration to Europe and European migrant crisis). More importantly, in the case of this article, is the fact that the image shows prominently the African continent and only the Western part of the Asian continent, when only 20% of foreigners residing in Italy come from Africa (more than half of them from just two countries in north Africa, Morocco and Tunisia), whereas a country like China is the fourth most common country of citizenship of foreigners residing in Italy. Therefore, the image reinforces a popular misconception about immigration to Italy, i.e. that a significant part of it comes from black Africa. Nykterinos (talk) 12:29, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Immigration to Italy. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141113203531/http://www.istat.it/it/archivio/129854 to http://www.istat.it/it/archivio/129854
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150503233334/https://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jYWyqZanCi2M7i3Z_qsl0FmHlBkA?docId=6562488 to https://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jYWyqZanCi2M7i3Z_qsl0FmHlBkA?docId=6562488
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
two quotes from "Gaddafi planned to turn Italian island into migrant hell" has no article to verfy if exist or what's infos' context. It looks like political propaganda.--184.108.40.206 (talk) 08:31, 19 July 2017 (UTC)