Talk:Internet in Greece
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Internet in Greece article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Unsourced controversy section
I came to this entry to read about DSL specifications and information for OTE. I do not care about the "politics" of telecommunication companies. Nevertheless, I could not but notice that there is clear bias on this entry. No links are given to sustain the accusations made against OTE. Furthermore, no article begins with "controversy" over certain issues. People wish to learn about DSL services provided by OTE in this encyclopedia entry before anything else.
Some clear bias evidence:
"which was not the first operator to launch ADSL services" - (negative presentation being unnecessary), "has been accused of deliberately" - (Accused by who? When? Where is the proof?)
"thus making VoIP services over its broadband network unusable and unreliable" (evidence?)
This looks like some trash written by OTE's opposition that tries to defile its name with only evidence one feeble link at the bottom. Major revisions needed for this entry. Neutrality of the article is seriously questioned.
- Point well taken. I moved section to end. Maybe somebody will work on NPOV and sources? I see this around, that people put details first, especially when controversial. Sections go too high up in articles and are too big, way out of proportion. Springatlast (talk) 15:26, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
I totally removed the unsourced controversy section from the article. Keep in mind that such unsourced material can have real life implications for the companies involved. If someone wants to reinstate the claims, they must back it up with sources, per Wikipedia policy on the matter. --Dead3y3 (talk) 23:18, 18 September 2010 (UTC)
- I also removed promotional language that is unnecessary for understanding the nature and availability of Internet access in Greece. Cheers! –Paul M. Nguyen (chat|blame) 01:51, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
Penetration percentage error
Penetration of Broadband is calculated in this article by dividing the population of the country with the number of broadband connections. That is completely false. The calculation should be Broadband connections to the number of Households. If this calculation is made and it is normalized with professionaly owned broadband connections the penetration percentage should be greater than 60%. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 13:38, 3 August 2011 (UTC)
There is some betting sites censored here
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Internet in Greece. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120409181609/http://www.countryipblocks.net/country-blocks/select-formats/ to http://www.countryipblocks.net/country-blocks/select-formats/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.