|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Internet leak article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Computer Security / Computing||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Internet||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Espionage||(Rated Start-class)|
I think there should be a list of prominent internet leaks. - Nick15 18:18, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
An internet leak is a leak in a series of tubes! Paul 19:32, 2 October 2006 (UTC) I think someone should explain what exactly a leak (when it comes to music albums) is. Virus of Profanity 14:39, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
http://lists.gpl-violations.org/pipermail/legal/2013-July/004100.html 220.127.116.11 (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 11:27, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
Wikipedia Policy on Leaks
I'm trying to find out if Wikipedia has a policy related to leaks such as leaked albums. I had heard that mentioning them in articles was frowned upon, and I assume that this is because it increases the likelihood of piracy. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
- I don't think there is one. You can mention it, just don't say "And it's now available from thepiratebay.org. Plz seed." And if you do, do not put your stuff in multipart RARs. 18.104.22.168 05:58, 5 July 2007 (UTC)
anyone have interest in adding Intentional Leaks? every year, the networks leak the pilots in an attempt to get feedback on their new shows; a few bands have leaked their incomplete labums to get fan geedback. (it's 5am and i can't find sources for these claims atm) Tingrin87 (talk) 09:06, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
- You can't "leak" something if it's intentional =\ ~Rayvn 08:07, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
This page really says nothing about leaks. The only things it includes are completely uninteresting, and not at all "defining" of anything. The Microsoft leak didn't start anything, and if it did it should be posted about. Why are there no mention of more important internet leaks, such as CDs (also the most common form... ), or how they happen considering that how they COULD happen doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless it's a rogue employee. ~Rayvn 08:07, 26 February 2010 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by RayvnEQ (talk • contribs)
- About CD leaks, very important, extend here a description and references (cdleaks.com is a example?). --22.214.171.124 (talk) 10:56, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
Information Leak, MERGE ALL
It is possible to merge all (News leak, Source code leak and Internet leak as "information leak"), moving Internet leak to information leak, and merging all others. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 10:50, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
- Sure, but this is not a list of examples. We would need reliable sources discussing the incident in a way that tells us things about internet leaks in general. - SummerPhD (talk) 14:32, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Internet leak. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20151108180512/https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2011-05-24-cpp-virtual-world-operations.markdown to https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2011-05-24-cpp-virtual-world-operations.markdown
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.