Talk:Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association
|WikiProject Automobiles||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
I took the liberty of removing the term nonprofit. Basically, the term does not fit an industry association very well. It may well not be making profit from its activities, but the whole nature of the association is to (indirectly) increase the profits of its members. If you read the article about nonprofit, you'll see that it's generally used for non-commercial organizations. Calling JAMA a nonprofit organization seems to me a euphemism disguising its true nature, something many organizations do when you see their own descriptions of what they consider themselves, but I don't think we wikipedians ought to take over their euphemisms. If you still disagree, I suggest calling for a third opinion.Jens Nielsen 08:31, 17 December 2006 (UTC)
- Please expand the lead to conform with guidelines at Wikipedia:Lead. The article should have an appropriate number of paragraphs as is shown on WP:LEAD, and should adequately summarize the article.[?]
- Consider removing links that add little to the article or that have been repeated in close proximity to other links to the same article, as per Wikipedia:Manual of Style (links) and WP:CONTEXT.[?]
- Per Wikipedia:Context and Wikipedia:Manual of Style (dates), months and days of the week generally should not be linked. Years, decades, and centuries can be linked if they provide context for the article.[?]
- This article has no images. Please see if there are any free use images that fall under the Wikipedia:Image use policy and fit under one of the Wikipedia:Image copyright tags that can be uploaded. To upload images on Wikipedia, go to Special:Upload; to upload non-fair use images on the Wikimedia Commons, go to commons:special:upload.[?]
- See if possible if there is a free use image that can go on the top right corner of this article.[?]
- There may be an applicable infobox for this article. For example, see Template:Infobox Biography, Template:Infobox School, or Template:Infobox City.[?] (Note that there might not be an applicable infobox; remember that these suggestions are not generated manually)
- This article does not have any categories. Please categorize it with relevant
- This article is a bit too short, and therefore may not be as comprehensive as WP:WIAFA critera 1(b) is looking for. Please see if anything can be expanded upon.[?]
- This article needs footnotes, preferably in the cite.php format recommended by WP:WIAFA. Simply, enclose inline citations, with WP:CITE or WP:CITE/ES information, with <ref>THE FOOTNOTE</ref>. At the bottom of the article, in a section named “References” or “Footnotes”, add
- The article will need references. See WP:CITE and WP:V for more information.[?]
- Please ensure that the article has gone through a thorough copyediting so that it exemplifies some of Wikipedia's best work. See also User:Tony1/How to satisfy Criterion 1a.[?]