Talk:John Tovey, 1st Baron Tovey
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the John Tovey, 1st Baron Tovey article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Biography / Military / Peerage and Baronetage||(Rated B-class)|
An excellent article by "R. W. P."
This article on John Tovey is excellent, but it appeared in substance and often verbatim over the initials R. W. P. in Naval Review 68 (July 1980): 205-211, with the title, "Admiral of the Fleet, Lord John Tovey ...". It is an excellent article and Wikipedia is doing a service by making it available. But it is very wrong not to credit the author, even if we only know his or her initials. I understand that this is a general policy of Wikipedia; if so that is a terrible theft of the hard work of others. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:04, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
- This article draws information from the Naval Review as just one of its sources. But it also draws from a large number of other sources. Where information has been drawn from the Naval Review it does appear that the Naval Review has been properly cited in the references. Dormskirk (talk) 22:18, 30 August 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on John Tovey, 1st Baron Tovey. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141011015812/http://www.royalnavalmuseum.org/info_sheets_nav_rankings.htm to http://www.royalnavalmuseum.org/info_sheets_nav_rankings.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120315105247/http://www.gulabin.com/armynavy/pdf/Senior%20Royal%20Navy%20Appointments%201900-.pdf to http://www.gulabin.com/armynavy/pdf/Senior%20Royal%20Navy%20Appointments%201900-.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.