|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
First he was named a Dutch painter, then Flemish, then someone removed both ánd the category with edit summary "he was not from the nederland, nor from flanders." First of all, if you remove a category because of nationality issues, there is always a generic category that you can use so the poor man is not left without a category. I've put him under Category:Painters; you will find that there are actually no painters in that category, they are all moved to a category by nationality.
Concerning the nationality issue, I always assumed Liège was a part of the (Medieval) Netherlands but I checked, and the Bishopric of Liège was indeed not a part of the Seventeen Provinces or the Southern Netherlands. It was never ruled by the Dukes of Burgundy, the Spanish Empire or the Habsburgs. On the other hand, the Bishopric was surrounded by territories that were a part of Netherlands.
If we want to give him a non-Netherlandish nationality then it would probably be German as the Prince-Bishopric was a German state and part of the Holy Roman Empire. Somehow I think after the events of August 1914 the people of Liége would prefer not to be called Germans, so I'll leave it as it is. I think culturally he belongs in Category:Flemish painters because of his connections to Jan Gossaert. But I'll leave it as it is for now, although I think he should not stay in the generic Painter category. Always difficult to put people in nationality categories if the nations did not exist when they lived, check the eternal discussion on Nicolaus Copernicus' nationality. Piet 21:20, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
- I've made him Flemish again, in accordance to the second link. Piet 14:59, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Lambert Lombard. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060512040946/http://www.artfact.ulg.ac.be/expos/2006_lombard/extra.html to http://www.artfact.ulg.ac.be/expos/2006_lombard/extra.html
- Added archive https://archive.is/20130105215518/http://wwar.com/masters/l/lombard-lambert.html to http://wwar.com/masters/l/lombard-lambert.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.