- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: moved per request. Favonian (talk) 19:01, 30 March 2015 (UTC)
Leverage (disambiguation) → Leverage – I noticed as part of an RfD discussion that the redirect currently at Leverage used to be a disambiguation page, but it was moved here some time ago, and replaced with a redirect to mechanical advantage, which does not appear to be the primary topic. Since then, users have tried to redirect to the dab page a couple times, but this is improper per WP:MALPLACED. Google shows a mixed bag of results, with a slight preference for Leverage (finance), but since I work in finance I assume this is skewed, and in the absence of a clear primary topic, disambiguation is better. I had suggested this at RfD but a helpful user pointed out that my request is actually a move proposal, so here it is. Ivanvector (talk) 19:11, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose leverage is the use of levers, levers are for mechanical advantage, and used by people in all walks of life for all sorts of activities. As Archimedes said, give me a lever long enough, and I will move the world. -- 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:25, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support - if you want to read about levers, you can type in lever Red Slash 03:26, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- Nominator comment - leverage is the mechanical advantage gained through use of a lever, although mechanical advantage is also gained through the use of a wide variety of other tools. However, leverage is also a financial advantage advantage gained through strategic borrowing and investing, or an influential advantage gained through skilled negotiation. Google is not always the best indicator for this, but I get 9.79M hits for mechanical advantage, 7.03M hits for financial leverage, and 24.8M for negotiation leverage (all searched on google.ca without quotes). Considering that a large number of the "negotiation" results are likely to be self-help authors promoting their own work (thus the number of hits is overstated) I don't see a clear primary topic - I expect a primary topic to reveal one or two orders of magnitude higher search results, and these are reasonably even. Ivanvector (talk) 13:53, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support per nom. Steel1943 (talk) 04:24, 21 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support per nom. The mechanical concept is only one possible usage of the term. — Amakuru (talk) 16:27, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
- Support The mechanical concept is the original meaning, but not the dominating usage any more.--Ulrich67 (talk) 20:44, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.