|WikiProject Free Software / Software / Computing||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
this article is very similar to the article for openoffice, but since openoffice is being discontinued (the trademark is being retired by oracle) and the libreoffice fork is becoming the default successor to openoffice.
ubuntu rhel, suse and google have all switched to libreoffice therefore this software needs its own article, right now the two articles are almost identical since the two apps are almost identical but with time the codebases are diverging (openoffice is no longer being developed)
- I would have to agree that this article, along with the other LibreOffice suite applications are important. They just need a little love, they shouldn't be deleted before that can be provided! ~Euphoria42 20:32, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
im thinking of adding a version table like here Microsoft_Word#Versions since keeping track of the version history is important and also quite common for software articles, any thoughts? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 123465421jhytwretpo98721654 (talk • contribs) 12:34, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- Sure that would work as long as you have refs you can cite for each version. The release notes should suffice for that. - Ahunt (talk) 17:25, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- And if it's kept up to date. Otherwise it should be deleted. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 04:46, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
File:Libreoffice writer .png Nominated for speedy Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Libreoffice writer .png, has been nominated for speedy deletion at Wikimedia Commons for the following reason: Copyright violations
Don't panic; deletions can take a little longer at Commons than they do on Wikipedia. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion (although please review Commons guidelines before doing so). The best way to contest this form of deletion is by posting on the image talk page.
To take part in any discussion, or to review a more detailed deletion rationale please visit the relevant image page (File:Libreoffice writer .png)
Suggestion to improve features listing
The features should be divided more or less as follows (here in no particular order) —
- Functions that are common to all major word processing applications;
- Functions unique to OpenOffice Writer and LibreOffice Writer and shared by both (compared to the industry standard);
- Functions that set LibreOffice apart from OpenOffice.
LibreOffice is notable
Who says that LibreOffice might not be notable enough for Wikipedia? Even AbiWord has an article!
- In Wikipedia "notability" means specifically that the subject has in depth coverage in third party independent references; see WP:N. This article is quite weak in that regard and it may just be worthwhile looking at merging it into LibreOffice instead of leaving it as a stand-alone article unless some better third party refs can be found. - Ahunt (talk) 23:08, 24 May 2015 (UTC)