|WikiProject Canada / Ontario / Geography / Communities||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Town of Lincoln (Ontario) Council
The Town of Lincoln makes use of a ward system of municipal governance.
Within the Town of Lincoln, four wards have been established by the Council, with each of the four wards containing roughly the same number of electors. For election purposes, each ward is further subdivided into polling subdivisions to streamline the voting process.
The Mayor of the Town of Lincoln is elected “at-large” by all eligible electors (in all wards) of the Town of Lincoln. The Mayor also represents the Town as a member of the Council of the Region of Niagara. An additional Councillor is also elected "at-large" by all eligible voters to represent the municipality at the Region of Niagara.
The remaining eight (8) Members of Council are elected on a ward basis. The Town is divided into four (4) geographic wards and eligible electors in each of those wards elect two candidates to sit as Members of Council to represent their ward, as well as the greater interests of the Corporation of the Town of Lincoln.
For the 2010 to 2014 Council, elected members are:
- Mayor Bill Hodgson
- Ward 1, Councillor Rob Foster and Councillor Dianne Rintjema
- Ward 2, Councillor John Kralt and Councillor John D. Pachereva
- Ward 3, Councillor Geoff Barlow and Councillor Wayne MacMillan
- Ward 3, Councillor Rob Condotta and Councillor Dave Thompson
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Lincoln, Ontario. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070328231800/http://www.lincoln.library.on.ca/local_history/townhistory.htm to http://www.lincoln.library.on.ca/local_history/townhistory.htm
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.