Talk:List of schools in the Australian Capital Territory
|WikiProject Schools||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Australia / Canberra / Education||(Rated List-class)|
Should all these schools be red-linked? I thought Wikipedia policy was that non-notable schools should not have wikipedia entries. Martyman 10:52, 9 September 2005 (UTC)
- I concur that we should not make redlinks. In general information about schools should appear in their suburb or district article. However, perhaps the redlinks could be redirects.
- The discussion page on Wikipedia:Schools#Method_for_creating_school_articles suggests that in general schools should be mentioned in the municipality's (suburb's in the case of the ACT) article. Redirects, however, to the suburb article in the name of schools are suggested to increase the likelihood of an accidental wikilink and make the relevant article easier to find by those wishing to add information about a particular school (or to read about it). Once enough information is included on a school article, use good judgement to break it out to its own pages.
- I like the table which has just been started. I think giving dates of founding, links to web pages is useful.--AYArktos 11:41, 9 September 2005 (UTC)
- I agree the table format is good. I might have a go at extending this if I get a chance. Martyman 06:07, 15 September 2005 (UTC)
I have been doing a bit of work on this list. I have modified the table to include some extra information in teh non-government schools section.
I am also gradually creating redirects for schools to the relavent suburb articles and making sure there is at least a mention of the school in the suburb article. To distinguish schools that have actual articles (not redirects) I have bolded these entries. --Martyman-(talk) 05:51, 17 October 2005 (UTC)
Why are some of the schools in bold? Just wondering Cfitzart 15:28, 30 October 2005 (UTC)
- I have been doing that to distingiush actual school articles from redirects. As I mentioned in the comment just up above. ;-) I suppose it should be mentioned on the actual page as well. --Martyman-(talk) 23:21, 30 October 2005 (UTC)
- I'd probably prefer that they were either redlinks or were not linked rather than be redirects, but oh well. Ambi 02:52, 31 October 2005 (UTC)
- As discussed further up the page, the redirecting is to help try to stop many one line articles (or vandalism) on schools being created. School info should optimally be developed under the suburb article and branched out into it's own article only once there is enough content to warrant it. I have only been redirecting schools to suburb articles if the suburb article mentions the existance of the school. --Martyman-(talk) 03:09, 31 October 2005 (UTC)
O'Connor Co-op School
Totally nitpicking, but I've moved the listing for the O'Connor Co-operative School from Special Schools to the Government schools section - while the school accepts students with disabilities it's never been a Special School per se. If the Co-op's a Special School, then Turner Primary (not just the Early Childhood Centre) should also be listed, as it has a far greater proportion of students with disabilities than the Co-op (see  and  to compare emphasis). Natgoo 11:53, 18 December 2005 (UTC)
i'm adding the planed school closures and changes in a new section sss333 00:19, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of schools in the Australian Capital Territory. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20051230190410/http://www.stmonicas.cg.catholic.edu.au/ to http://www.stmonicas.cg.catholic.edu.au/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.