|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
A more reliable source
I'm asking another source for the statement that the general Louis André was a Freemason, when in the French article and in various French books, it's clearly said he was not.188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:20, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
Larkin, Church and State
- "Larkin, Church and State after the Dreyfus Affair, pp. 138–41: `Freemasonry in France’, Austral Light 6, 1905, pp. 164–72, 241–50."
The above reference was added to a number of articles:
- Louis André, 23:14, 1 August 2007, 184.108.40.206 (talk · contribs) diff
- Anti-Catholicism, 19:10, 6 August 2007, Mamalujo (talk · contribs) diff
- Anti-clericalism, 21:06, 21 August 2007, Mamalujo (talk · contribs), diff
- Continental Freemasonry, 22:54, 1 November 2007, JASpencer (talk · contribs), diff
- Anticlericalism and Freemasonry, 20:58, 22 October 2012, JASpencer (talk · contribs), diff
- Talk:Papal ban of Freemasonry/catholicism and freemasonry, 21:19, 28 August 2009 JASpencer (talk · contribs) "Old Version to be used for sources"
- Talk:Anticlericalism and Freemasonry#And finally... Mexico, 20:36, 16 March 2010 Blueboar (talk · contribs)
It is clear that this is a copy of a citation from:
- Franklin, James (2006). "Freemasonry in Europe". Catholic Values and Australian Realities. Connor Court Publishing Pty Ltd. pp. 7–10. ISBN 9780975801543.
- Larkin, Church and State after the Dreyfus Affair, pp. 138–41: `Freemasonry in France’, Austral Light 6, 1905, pp. 164–72, 241–50.
It is highly unlikely that if it were not a copy of this source that the Wikipedia version would use `Freemasonry in France’ (the single quotes are "`" (‘) and "’" (’) instead it would use 'Freemasonry in France' (the single quote of ' (')
The use as shown above is a breach of WP:SAYWHEREYOUREADIT.
I came across this WP:SAYWHEREYOUREADIT problem when editing Anti-clericalism and fixed it with this edit on 27 July 2013. I have only just investigated this problem because that edit also threw up a much bigger problem (see Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Catholicism#Unacknowledged internal copying and problems with citations).
Unless anyone else wants to help I will fix this relatively minor problem by including the original source in the citations, but for those copying text between articles please place a comment in edit history not only does that meet Wikipedia:Copying within Wikipedia but it also helps editors who follow you to find and fix errors like this one. -- PBS (talk) 13:14, 3 August 2013 (UTC)