Talk:Madison Heights, Michigan
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Madison Heights, Michigan article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Michigan / Detroit|
||It is requested that a photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
Wikipedians in Michigan may be able to help!
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
Why was my contribution on Andrew Wellman, the author, who grew up in Madison Heights, deleted. And why was the Telway comment deleted. The Telway Hamburger System (I think there's a Telway in detroit and they had to avoid copyright law) is a long standing part of this city. Long before your Q'Dobas and late night Hookah bars came to town, this little stand on the corner of John R and 11 mile was the only haven for some late-night grub. It's still open 24 hours a day (the last in Madison Heights, I believe, after the fall of the Donut Cutter). Our doesn't have a section on "Famous Residents" because no one famous would want to live here. But we lower and middle-class folk love our city and its culinary establishments. We should put the telway part back up. And Andrew Wellman, he wrote a book that was published about Madison Heights. He references several locations and tries to capture the feeling of growing up in a lower middle-class nowhere town. Coolmanwc4 (talk) 02:49, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- ummmmmmmm, nothing soaks up a night of boozin' like the Telway Hamburger System! —(yak) 01:11, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- If there is going to be Economy section for Madison Heights, there should be more information about it than there's a corporate HQ of a pizza chain there. But really the description in the Today section of the page may cover the business info just as well. I'm going to rearrange the sections to reflect other city pages, except of course for the Today section which can stay where it is for now until someone fleshes it out and arranges the info in the correctly formatted sections. Also I'm adding back my Telway cultural reference section, as it was sourced and, as a lifelong member of the community, I view it as culturally significant to our city. We don't have any theatres, art galleries, or anything like that, but Telway has won many awards for best hamburger slider in Detroit and I think its something we should embrace. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Coolmanwc4 (talk • contribs) 02:44, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
Sources about the Asian market
Some additional sources:
- Borka, Aftab. "“Largest Asian market” in Michigan to have grand opening Tuesday" (Archive). Daily Tribune. May 28, 2015.
- "密西根168亞洲超市隆重新張 38,000 呎 密西根最大 最現代化亞洲超市" (Archive). World Journal. August 16, 2015.
- "168 Asian Mart opens in grand fashion in Madison Heights" (Archive). The Oakland Press. June 2, 2015.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Madison Heights, Michigan. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110520000000/http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_PL_QTPL&prodType=table to http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_PL_QTPL&prodType=table
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.dailytribune.com/general-news/20150528/largest-asian-market-in-michigan-to-have-grand-opening-tuesday
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131104122903/http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20110419/METRO/104190316 to http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20110419/METRO/104190316
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.