Talk:Maori Language Act 1987
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I had considered a movenotice because the title of this Act does not include a macron. I am, however, unsure how pedantic this may be. Comments welcome.--Te Karere (talk) 11:19, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
- I support the move, but don't feel strongly about it. The article was originally created as "Maori Language Act" but moved to "Māori Language Act" by the creator a few minutes later, with the explanation "change 'a' to match other uses of 'maori'". The year was added in a later move. The correct title would appear to be "Maori Language Act 1987". Since this already exists and has been edited, another admin or myself will need to perform the move.-gadfium 22:20, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, the general convention is that titles (and other proper nouns) should retain their original orthography, so I agree that the macron should be removed. I know it sounds pedantic, but it's better to be as accurate as we can be. Let us know if you need any help with this. Cheers. – Liveste (talk • edits) 20:18, 21 December 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Maori Language Act 1987. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://archive.is/20120526055421/http://www.tereo.govt.nz/act87/index.shtml to http://www.tereo.govt.nz/act87/index.shtml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.