Talk:Microsoft Office Live
|WikiProject Computing / Software|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Microsoft Office Live article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
I would suggest a big rewrite, everything here sounds like Bill Gates wrote it. Tt is too commercial.
- I concur, this sounds suspiciously like a Microsoft press release, or even an ad. 220.127.116.11 17:47, 31 May 2006 (UTC)
- Well, I added a tag for it. I also changed some fanboy stuff, too. I think this was just copied and pasted from a blog entry or something. 05:59, 30 June 2006 (UTC) Alexzero77
- Cleaned. That was fairly dirty though - looked like a cutnpaste from the press release... RN 08:09, 5 September 2006 (UTC)
Microsoft Office Live?
The articles Windows XP and Internet Explorer are not under the names Microsoft Windows XP/Microsoft Internet Explorer. So why have the unnecessary Microsoft word in the Office Live article? Is that because "Office" is a generic word? Note also that Xbox Live and Windows Live are not under name Microsoft Xbox Live or Microsoft Windows Live, so Office Live fit better because of these services. Off! 15:04, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- I'm reverting this move; "Microsoft Office Live" is the name that the product is marketed under. Xbox Live and Windows Live are the names those products are marketed under, without the prepending "Microsoft". This product, on the other hand, is not very well known (almost nobody has heard of it, I'm sure), so precision is good. Aside from that, Wikipedia's conventions on naming articles recommends that we use the "most common" name in use, which is why we have articles named Windows 2000 instead of Microsoft Windows 2000. In the case of Microsoft Office, people call it "Office" pretty commonly, but that would be ambiguous to the generic term office, hence the addition of "Microsoft" at the beginning. -/- Warren 09:44, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- The origional name was Office Live. Microsoft was prepended to the name due to trademark issues in another country.Subanark 18:28, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
Office Live Workspace, etc.
I don't have time right now, but this seems like an important thing to add: http://www.liveside.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/10/01/office-live-renamed-new-offering-announced-office-live-workspaces.aspx
Tophtucker 04:32, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
Is Google Docs a direct competitor?
- It's not exactly a direct competitor--it doesn't offer the same set of features--but it does compete on some levels. It should be mentioned. — Frecklefσσt | Talk 13:52, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
Its fully accessible from Pakistan!
According to Microsoft and to this article the service is released in few countries. But why it is fully accessible from my country.
Office Live (Workspace) for Office 2010 Beta release
It appears as if Office 2010 Beta does not support Office Live Workspace. Office Live Update does not work with Office 2010. Online file sharing can therefore not be tested. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:36, 9 January 2010 (UTC)