Talk:Milky Way (mythology)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Material from Milky Way Galaxy was split to Milky Way (mythology) on 27 August 2005. The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists. Please leave this template in place to link the article histories and preserve this attribution. The former page's talk page can be accessed at Talk:Milky Way Galaxy.|
|The content of Silvery River was merged into Milky Way (mythology). For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected page, please see ; for the discussion at that location, see its talk page.|
Split and merge
Agree with Milky Way pages being linked... but everything is not equal to everything. Why merge Silvery River into Milky Way? Both are poetic... but not equivalent merely because they describe the same thing. Brodo 07:08, 3 September 2005 (UTC)
I don't mind you splitting mythology off from the main article and expanding on it here, though I do think the galaxy article needs to keep at least one summary paragraph on the topic. What I do really mind is the name. I cannot believe that most people thinking about the "Milky Way" are looking for a page on it's mythology. I would suggest that this be moved to "Milky Way (mythology)" and that "Milky Way Galaxy" be here instead. Dragons flight 16:03, August 27, 2005 (UTC)
I argee that it should be at "Milky Way (mythology)" --Ctachme 18:13, 27 August 2005 (UTC)
- I went ahead and made these moves and updated the relevant links. Dragons flight 19:00, August 27, 2005 (UTC)
- Milky Way should be a dab page, with
- night sky appearance
- being separate articles. 18.104.22.168 18:40, 10 November 2005 (UTC)
Questions after merge
I merged "Silvery River" here, but had some questions that I hope someone can answer:
- someone had inserted comments in the text claiming that the story of Rhea was from Hyginus so I put it in a "Roman mythology" section. If this isn't right please fix it.
- what are the Chinese/Korean/Japanese names for Silver River and Seventh night? If someone knows the characters and pronunciations please add them.
- the single line about Amerindian mythology needs some expanding. Hopefully someone knowledgable can fill that in.
Tocharianne 05:47, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
List of names for the Milky Way
I created a new page List of names for the Milky Way to list the names in various languages. This article (Milky Way (mythology)) can be reserved for actual stories about how the Milky Way was created and got its name. Tocharianne 17:47, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
Why does Great Sky River redirect here? Please explain in article or remove redirect.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Milky Way (mythology). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060928083643/http://www.carterobservatory.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=505&Itemid=103 to http://www.carterobservatory.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=505&Itemid=103
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.