Talk:NEW (TV station)
|WikiProject Australia / Perth / Television / Western Australia||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Don't know what your source is for this line Trisreed. :S Never heard of Nine News?
"Ten News usually does not rate highly; it is usually the least rating news bulletin in Perth."
Slj 10:39, 3 January 2006 (UTC)
- Don't worry Slj, I fixed that up =) - Boochan 10:58, 20 January 2006 (UTC)
According to the article, Western Australia - At Your Service ran from 1996 to 1998. This conflicts with the following newspaper articles:
- "Ten has two new weekend offerings. Tomorrow at 5.30pm is the premiere of the locally produced Western Australia At Your Service. A guide to places to eat and stay, it also has segments aimed at the hospitality and tourism industries." (Yeap, Sue. "Pammy Bounces Back As A VIP Bodyguard", The West Australian, 4 December 1998, p. 15.)
- "Mott notes that Ten is not altogether without a locally specific presence ("it's not as if we refrain from localism altogether"), citing by way of example a Ten-produced show that airs in Perth, a weekly half-hour program titled WA At Your Service." (Danielsen, Shane. "Television tribalism", The Australian, 16 September 1999.)
I've changed the date to 1998-1999, but I can't confirm whether or not the program was still running in 2000. Does anyone know when the program finished airing? --Tntnnbltn 07:47, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
The history section seems to paint the Ten Network in a negative light, with terms such as 'low cost relay station', despite the fact NEW produced local news and programming (and continues to produce News from its Dianella studios). ~ Trisreed my talk my contribs 01:44, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- For decades the TEN network has had the lowest programming cost of all the networks. This research report refers to its high margins: []. The ACMA 2007 Compliance Report confirms the Ten Network produced the lowest amount of first release drama and documentary of the three commercial networks: [] 'Low cost' is not a pejorative, especially if you are a stock holder. Cost of production is measurable and therefore objective; it does not necessarily impute low quality or a 'negative light'.
In context, 'low cost relay station' compares the amount of local content delivered by the station with what was proposed by the successful applicants. I don't have the actual licence application document to hand but can source it for comparison purposes if you wish. Brettreasure (talk) 16:05, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
- Nope, that's enough justification for my liking. Thanks. ~ Trisreed my talk my contribs 00:54, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:TenNewsPerth.jpg
The image Image:TenNewsPerth.jpg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.