|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Prithviraj Sukumaran article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This page is substantially duplicated by a piece in an external publication. Please do not flag this article as a copyright violation of that source. The citation is in:|
- 1 No Sources
- 2 Photo of Prithviraj
- 3 Do we need this many details in the "EARLY LIFE SECTION"?
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Semi protected
- 6 External link discussion
- 7 Excessive Trimming ??!!
- 8 Fan site?
- 9 State of Kerala duplication
- 10 Page Title
- 11 ISO romanisation
- 12 Wrong Title !!!!
- 13 Filmography
- 14 Marriage date
- 15 Other Names
- 16 Edit request from , 18 November 2011
Photo of Prithviraj
The display image in the article is that of a coin used during the rule of a the king named Prithviraj Chauhan who lived in 1168-1192. The article is on a current day Malayalam Actor Prithviraj. BGMTalk | Work 23:46, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
Do we need this many details in the "EARLY LIFE SECTION"?
I support moving the filmography page to a seperate article. A good article on its expansion should split the sections across various sub articles. Otherwise, the article will appear too long and junk for a reader. Cheers, -- Rajith Mohan (Talk to me..) 09:18, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
- Since none of the editors expressed any concerns about re-structuring the filmography, I would be initiating the changes soon in the article. Cheers, -- Rajith Mohan (Talk to me..) 09:23, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- 188.8.131.52 - Hostname cm209.omega12.maxonline.com.sg , ISP StarHub Cable Vision Ltd , Singapore
- 184.108.40.206 - Hostname 218-186-13-1.cache.maxonline.com.sg , ISP StarHub Cable Vision Ltd, Singapore
- Roshan www1 -
- 220.127.116.11 - Hostname lava-ext.nus.edu.sg , ISP imported inetnum object for NUS-1 , Singapore
- 18.104.22.168 - Hostname cm200.omega12.maxonline.com.sg , ISP StarHub Cable Vision Ltd, Singapore
- 22.214.171.124 - Hostname cm217.omega12.maxonline.com.sg , ISP StarHub Cable Vision Ltd, Singapore
Per our external link guidelines: "it is not Wikipedia's purpose to include a comprehensive list of external links related to each topic. No page should be linked from a Wikipedia article unless its inclusion is justifiable." I have remove the multitudinous links from the article to the talk space to discuss which (if any) are supported by our external link guidelines and can be promoted by community consensus back into the article. -- The Red Pen of Doom 14:07, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
1) Prithviraj's Meteoric Rise | (March, 2009) P Sangeetha in Times of India
2) Nostalgia of a Thrilling Himalayan Tour ("Himalayam Karangiya Thrillil") | (May, 2008) M S Dileep, Manorama Online)
3) Prithviraj Wins Hearts | (February, 2008) Anonymous (Republished in MSN India from Filmy South)
4) Impeccable Masquerader of the Celluloid | (Video Interview: Undated) In WebIndia123.com
5) The Man Behind Mozhi | (March, 2007) Shobha Warrier in Rediff.com
6) Prithviraj : Reveals his Experience in Film Industry | (February, 2007) Unni Nair in Nowrunning.com
7) Prithviraj Never Fails | (September, 2006) In IndiaVilas.com
8) Sincerity is his Forte | (October, 2005) In Indiaglitz
Articles from the Media
12) Prithviraj is Hot Property (July 5, 2006) In Oneindia.in
13) Defying the Ban (April 30 2004) Renu Ramanath In The Hindu
Please identify any link(s) you feel meet our external link criteria and explain why they should be returned. (also note that any links to reliable sources can be used to support encyclopedic content within the main aritcle space itself. this is generally a better idea than tagging it on the end as an external link.) -- The Red Pen of Doom 14:07, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
Excessive Trimming ??!!
I see that the some sections have been trimmed mercilessly by The Red Pen of Doom. Now the article has no facts at all, just blunt statements.
See these two statements,
- He performed in Stop Violence and Swapnakoodu.
- Prithviraj performed in Parijatham and in 2007's Mozhi.
What does "Performed" mean here? I didnt quite understand why its used. All actors perform in their films. What is special about using the word performed here?
The trimming of facts have made this an un-imaginitive article, which goes on stating he "performed" in this, acted in that.. etc..
If the significance of those films in his career isnt mentioned, it serves no better than the filmography section.
- As I stated on your talk page:
'Mr LA FEST' title is just an inter school title- no big deal. I think it should be deleted.I don't think its as prestigious as the youth festivals(Kerala,CBSE, M G,Calicut etc).Gonna delete in 3 days-after hearing suggestions. (Gokucherai12 (talk) 21:29, 8 September 2009 (UTC)).
State of Kerala duplication
This article is substantially duplicated in , but there is little doubt the content was published on Wikipedia first. The internet archives do not contain archived versions of the external site, but this is not conclusive. More indicative, there is evidence of natural evolution in this article. Take this particular passage from the external source:
Prithviraj began his career in Malayalam cinema in 2002. The The Hindu commented in 2007 that Prithviraj would remain one of the young stars in the reckoning irrespective of the box office prospects of his films. He has been offered a role in the multilingual film 19th Step starring Asin and Japanese actor Tadanobu Asano, scripted by M T Vasudevan Nair and directed by Bharath Bala in association with Walt Disney.
The first sentence began to evolve in this article as "Prithviraj began his career in Malayalam in 2002." in November 2007. On 30 August 2008, the word "cinema" was added, to make the sentence read as it currently does. At that point, the second sentence existed in our article as "Based on his enthralling performances, national Newspaper The Hindu has written that '(whether)his latest films 'Chocolate,’ ‘Satham Podathey’ and ‘Kannamoochi Yenada’ flop or succeed, Prithiviraj is one of the young stars who will still be in the reckoning.'" It was later changed to the paraphrase used now, perhaps in respect to non-free content guidelines, which require citations for quoted text. --Moonriddengirl (talk) 17:42, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
The title Prithviraj (Malayalam actor) is inappropriate as Prithviraj has been doing films in Tamil, Telugu also. Its not fair to restrict him as a Malayalam actor only.
It would be ideal to revert back to [Prithviraj Sukumaran] or [Prithviraj (actor)]
- I beg to differ. His popular name/common name/stage name is "Prithviraj". Therefore, AFAIK Wikipedia uses a naming convention where by the title should be "Prithviraj<space>(<something>)". I have tried to explain my views to Icedaddycool at my talk page. Cheers! Arjuncodename024 09:40, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- Prithviraj (actor) was my first choice and i did move (), but was immediately re-moved by Icedaddycool. If there ain't any objection to this; it could be done and kept until someone else registers their protest. Plus, i am a bit appalled by some page owning in the air. Arjuncodename024 09:46, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
I added the ISO 15919 romanisaton of Prithviraj's name in addition to his name in the Malayalam script. His name is written as Pr̥thvirāj Sukumāran in ISO, which corresponds to പൃഥ്വിരാജ് സുകുമാരന് in Malayalam. Thanks! Yours faithfully, kotakkasut. 02:51, 3 November 2010 (UTC)
Wrong Title !!!!
Why was this article moved from "Prithviraj Sukumaran" to "Prithviraj Sukumaran Nair" ??
Prithviraj might be from the Nair caste by lineage, but neither he nor his father, the late actor "Sukumaran" , ever attached "Nair" to their first names. Sukumaran was a Communist Party sympathizer, so he had cut off the caste name "Nair" from his name like all Communist ideologists cut off all ties to religion. Prithviraj too on several occasions have indirectly stated that he's an atheist and a Communist party sympathizer through his interviews. So there's no basis for usage of "Nair" attached to his name.
Secondly, there is no article / document / proof available anywhere in the media where Prithviraj is referred to as "Prithviraj Sukumaran Nair" or "Prithviraj Nair". This is because Prithviraj has mostly preferred to be known by his first name i.e Prithviraj or on rare occasions as "Prithviraj Sukumaran". Also the name on Prithviraj's official Twitter account is "Prithviraj Sukumaran" [ www.twitter.com/lionheart_ps ]
So this article has to be moved back to its original title as soon as possible.
All the discussions are still available on the Discussion page of Prithviraj Sukumaran
Since his list of films is growing, I plan to separate it into different tables based on language. That will look better, I feel. Later we may have to move the entire article as a separate article. Any objections or suggestions, please tell here.
Anish Viswa 04:49, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
Some of the people are making problem with the other name of Prithviraj Sukumaran. These guys are updating other name as Rajappan. Which is definitely not the official other name of Prithviraj. So I request every members of Wikipedia not update his name as 'Rajappan' or 'Rayappan'. It is just a mocking name given by his haters!
Please keep the wikipedia clean. This is not some haters club. --Vishalissac (talk) 12:47, 17 November 2011 (UTC)
Edit request from , 18 November 2011
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
Please add the below information Other calling names : Prithvi, Raju, Rajuettan, Rajappan, Rayappan