Talk:Skeleton Crew (band)
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Jazz||(Rated Start-class)|
I'm trying to figure out what to do about another band, also called Skeleton Crew. My interest in adding them is to add material to the page on Dan Hess, a member, without risking an accidental link to this band. Hcs 16:27, 16 October 2005 (UTC)
- The solution is to use a link like (for example) Skeleton Crew (Dan Hess band). There are two "Massacre" bands: Massacre (band) and Massacre (Fred Frith band). See also Wikipedia:WikiProject Music and Wikipedia:Naming_conventions. --Bruce1ee 07:01, 17 October 2005 (UTC)
- I don't think Dan Hess is really the distinguishing characteristic of the band. I think the most appropriate action (and what I'll be doing) is to use Skeleton Crew (80s band) and Skeleton Crew (90s band). --Hcs 14:58, 17 October 2005 (UTC)
I'm curious about the source of "Skeleton Crew was always primarily an improvising live act.". I saw two performances (Bellingham, WA, tours for both LPs), and in both cases they played the songs from the album. On the first tour, though (just Fred and Tom), they played in a far-too-small coffeehouse with more people outside waiting than inside. The first show was the songs from the album. Then everyone was chased out to let another crowd in for an impromptu second set, where they said that, having played all their songs, they weren't going to play them again. So they improvised an entire second set. Is there more information on how often they played the songs, and how often, or how far, they got away from them? 188.8.131.52 10:41, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
- I've removed that statement as I can't find a definitive source. But you raise an interesting question regarding what percentage of their live material was composed. I don't know if we're going to get an answer on this one, but if anyone has any sources on this, please let us have them. --Bruce1ee 06:33, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Skeleton Crew (band). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080516085650/http://fredfrith.com/ to http://www.fredfrith.com/
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.