|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- Article needs to be expanded using Wikipedia:WikiProject UK geography/How to write about settlements as a guide.
- It should continue to make use of sections, using Wikipedia:WikiProject UK geography/How to write about settlements as a guide.
- Photos need to be added.
- References and Citations are crucial for wikipedia, and so these must be added as the article is expanded. Make sure that as many as possible are "in-line" citations.(See WP:References, WP:V, and WP:CITE for guidance.)
Peter I. Vardy 11:05, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
Wiki Links on this Page
Appleton and Walton point to disambiguation pages. Before this can be resolved satisfactorily, the articles "Appleton, Warrington" and "Walton, Warrington" need writing or at least Stubs. RobPlatt
- This seems now to have been done. (talk) 21:10, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
The various socio-economic and demographic data presented are meaningless without contextualisation and proper sourcing. To be interpretable, there needs to be some attempt to give benchmark data (e.g. the corresponding figures for, say, the North West or the UK). Dates and sources are also critical. Unless someone is prepared to do that, by drawing on the info in the pdf attachment, I'd be inclined to delete what's there, and to leave just the factsheet. Views? --Stockton 15:45, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
- I tend to agree with you. In fact, the overall population figure isnot referenced in an acceptable way for wikipedia either at the moment. I can (and will) easily fix that, but your point about contextualisation may take a little longer. What would be good would be to have 3 benchmarks to compare the figures with: (a) the Borough, (b) the region, and (c) the UK. I've omitted a Cheshire benchmark, since Warrington is a unitary authority, and also an England benchmark, but perhaps people feel differently about whether these should be included or not. The nice thing is, once the benchmarks have been worked out for one settlement, they can apply to potentially many more in certain cases, and so it might well be a major contribution just to add them. Thoughts? (talk) 21:15, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
I lived in Stockton Heath 40 years ago. There is a massive amount of information that needs adding. I could add a lot but what I remember will be largely out of date now or just plain wrong after all this time. Surely there are some local residents who can improve this entry?
- I would hope so too. If you can recall some stuff, why not post it here, and perhaps some people can try to get it verified enough to include in the article? It might be worth a go... (talk) 20:34, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
Stockton Heath is no longer a village
Stockton Heath is no longer a village. It is a civil parish and suburb of Warrington town. I have removed references to it currently beiing a village. It has not been s villgae since the local government reforms of 1974. It is clearly visble on map within the suburbs of Warrington, not outside the general urban area which would for exanmple apply to the nearby villages of Lymm, Culcheth or Burtonwood which are within warringtons unitary boundary. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:55, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Stockton Heath. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111003092135/http://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/visiting/heritage/archaeology/archaeology_planning_advisory/historic_towns_survey/historic_towns_survey_reports/idoc.ashx?docid=cf62df66-19e3-48c7-a7ee-3bfd953b36e9&version=-1 to http://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/visiting/heritage/archaeology/archaeology_planning_advisory/historic_towns_survey/historic_towns_survey_reports/idoc.ashx?docid=cf62df66-19e3-48c7-a7ee-3bfd953b36e9&version=-1
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110119124735/http://cheshire.ivisitorguide.com/market-towns/stockton-heath to http://cheshire.ivisitorguide.com/market-towns/stockton-heath
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.