Talk:The Big Book Of
|WikiProject Comics / DC Comics||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
I've just sketched out a few facts (it has been niggling me for a while) and will work on adding in more details (topics covered, etc.) as well as moving the reviews up too. However, this is 17 volumes of 200+ pages so I can't cover the lot so feel free to throw in anything you have. (Emperor (talk) 23:35, 5 October 2008 (UTC))
I'm not sure we need to list all the artists - the stories are short and there are usually dozens of them involved in each issue. I was thinking of mentioning them in relation to some of the stories like e.g. "looking at Abraham Lincoln (art by X)" that kind of thing. I have had a look over the ComicBookDB listings and they give a detailed breakdown of the contents of each volume which looks to be pretty spot on (although when I dust off the volumes I have I'll double check) so we can let the databases take the strain on this one - it is the kind of thing they are better at doing. It may be things naturally expand here and we look into splitting off separate volumes, in which case it might work to list the artists and stories, but I suspect it'd be better to keep things tight here and then play it by er. (Emperor (talk) 02:34, 6 October 2008 (UTC))
- Good point. I took out all the exhaustive lists of artists, and instead mentioned some notable repeat contributors. — Stoshmaster (talk) 05:18, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
Big Book of Wild Women
- Ah, I found the info on the Paradox Press page and cribbed it for this entry. Problem solved. — Stoshmaster (talk) 05:38, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
This was moved from The Big Book of on the grounds of capitalisation  but I had always assumed "of" should not be capitalised. It doesn't mention this specifically but WP:CAPITAL has a lot of examples including "of" and they are all lower case when not at the start of the word (same usually goes for "the" but that might have more exceptions) and, of course it is in the name Wikipedia:Manual of Style. Anyone know of a reason this shouldn't be moved back? (Emperor (talk) 16:51, 2 January 2010 (UTC))
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on The Big Book Of. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080807160431/http://www.comicsbulletin.com/features/115479220239661.htm to http://www.comicsbulletin.com/features/115479220239661.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.