Talk:The Circus Starring Britney Spears
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the The Circus Starring Britney Spears article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2|
|The Circus Starring Britney Spears has been listed as one of the Music good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|The Circus Starring Britney Spears is part of the Circus (Britney Spears album) series, a good topic. This is identified as among the best series of articles produced by the Wikipedia community. If you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|WikiProject Britney Spears||(Rated GA-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Concert Tours||(Rated GA-class, Mid-importance)|
- 1 Montreal Box Office Data
- 2 GA Review
- 3 File:Circus Tour Britney arena.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
- 4 setlist
- 5 tour dates
- 6 Arena Names
- 7 External links modified
Montreal Box Office Data
Was looking over this and something is wrong. Britney performed two shows in Montreal at the Bell Centre. However, the first show is listed as 21,234 / 21,234 (100%) and the second show is listed as 11,475 / 11,475 (100%). Was going to combined them, but I was wondering if there was a mistake in one of them before I did it. --Shadow (talk) 06:37, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:The Circus Starring Britney Spears/GA2. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- Written fairly well, with the exception of a few grammar issues that Ive corrected as I thought necessary.
- Reads thoroughly and follows GA guidelines in terms of ref use and grammar.
- Lead is expansive and informative.
- Written well, but needs some re-qording throughout the section.
- Some sentences and claims such as "Received worldwide attention and exceeded expections" need refs.
- Very expansive and broad in its coverage, also very informative.
- This section was nicely sourced and written.
- Reads well, however has some grammar issues are present.
- Spears' talked, things like that should be re-worded for Spears spoke etc.
Critical and commercial reception
- Nicely written and sourced, although could be longer and more detailed.
Autralian leg controversies
- Very well written and balanced. Informative, with direct wuotes from management and staff. Good job.
Opening acts, Setlists and Tour dates
- Sourced by Spear's official website. Nicely formatted and informative.
Additional notes etc.
- Sourced, not too heavy and needed info.
Box office score
- Sourced, and updated. Nicely formatted.
- All references are formatted according to GA level requirements and are used well.
All in all
- Besides for a few little problems, the article seems complete, well written and broad in is coverage. It seems well balanced and uses images when needed and wherever possible. Good aticle and nicely done!.
File:Circus Tour Britney arena.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Circus Tour Britney arena.jpg, has been nominated for speedy deletion at Wikimedia Commons for the following reason: Copyright violations
|Speedy deletions at commons tend to take longer than they do on Wikipedia, so there is no rush to respond. If you feel the deletion can be contested then please do so (commons:COM:SPEEDY has further information). Otherwise consider finding a replacement image before deletion occurs.|
The article has some grammar mistakes still, under the setlist discussion. Also, the setlist also had songs two songs from Britney and one from baby one more time. It is of note that oops i did it again was not included in the setlist and the fact that more emphasis was placed on blackout even though it was the circus tour. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:56, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
"Spears explained that since she did not tour to promote Blackout, she was excited about having to include songs from that album into the setlist. The finished setlist would include three songs from Circus, six songs from Blackout and five songs from In the Zone (2003); other highlights on the show were a medley of "Breathe on Me" and "Touch of My Hand", both from In the Zone; and a remix of "Baby One More Time", the only song performed of the album of the same name " There are grammar mistakes in this paragraph that atleast needs to be fixed, but it keeps reverting back!
- Then correct the grammar mistakes and stop adding unsourced information. Xwomanizerx (talk) 03:05, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
I did, but I still think under the setlist discussion in development, it should include that two songs were included from Britney, none from oops i did it again and one from greatest hits: my prerogative. The same source for setlist info could be used to add this information to fully outline the setlist. Otherwise this section is not complete. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:12, 14 October 2011 (UTC) I added these plus saying breathe on me and touch of my hand were "highlights" is an opinion that is not sourced. An encyclopedia article should read non-bias, and just state how many songs were performed from EVERY album. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:56, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
Since this seems to a be a contested issue, how about you guys provide REAL reasons instead of being rude and condescending. The tour date table should be simple and clean, and the numerous opening acts makes it messy and can get confusing. This is exactly why there is a section to detail the opening acts, which, while it doesn't look much better, still presents far less a mess than putting it into the table. Not to mention while it's not written in stone, that is the basic standard look of the table on almost every tour page. It should not be changed. You guys have been here long enough to know that if an edit is not universally accepted then it should be talked about and more than one user has contested your change. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:05, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
Since this is clearly a disputed issue. We need to talk about it. Proper names should overrule nicknames, abbreviations, etc in my opinion. Yes, a lot of people abbreviated names, but that doesn't mean it is a proper name. If you use a nickname for some arenas, then why not all? It just looks weird. --Shadow (talk) 04:13, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
- The proper name for the United States is United States of America, so should we be using that instead? While WP:COMMONNAME refers to article titles, it can still be relevant to this discussion. The sources provided in the article use the common name of the arenas. For example, the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum article clearly states it is most commonly known as the Nassau Coliseum (which it should be probably be moved to, but that's not what this discussion is about). There's also the issue of arenas being known by different names at different times, such as the SAP Center at San Jose, which at the time of this tour was known as the HP Pavilion. That is why I think we should be using what reliable sources refer to as the venue, rather than the "proper name". — Status (talk · contribs) 04:36, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on The Circus Starring Britney Spears. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.britneyspears.com/2009/03/exclusive-the-setlist.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.