Talk:The Teenagers (French band)
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Hi. I created this Article about the French group The Teenagers after searching for them and finding only an article on the American Doo wop group of the same name. Another user had already noted on the talk page there that such a page was lacking (Talk:The Teenagers). I am aware this page existed before and was deleted, however I think that the band now meet the requirements of notability according to WP:MUSIC, in particular Criterion 1 and Criterion 4. A considerable amount has been written about this band since the article was deleted and whilst they may well not have been notable at that time I would argue they now are. I welcome discussion on the issue however if you disagree.
I'd also like to point out I am a fairly new user. This is the first article I have created. I have edited articles before however these were under my IP address and this article consists of the first edits I have made as a registered user. I may not be completely clued up on all Wikipedia conventions and would certainly welcome further edits to this page where people think it is appropriate. I hope I have done a fairly good job of referencing everything but please criticise away.
Finally, I am not a fanboy when it comes to this band, I quite like them but I don't know a great deal about them, so someone with more extensive knowledge may be able to expand the article. I am aware the article may seem overly critical of the band, these are not my own views, in fact I quite like the band and don't really buy the opinion that they are misogynists, I just set out to try and present an unbiased article about the band. However it may be that in doing so I have given a little too much presence to criticisms of the band.
- Further to my previous comments, it also appears they now satisfy Criterion 10 of WP:MUSIC having appeared on television performing 'Love No' on Saturday 8th March on BBC2's 'Sound' ... see http://www.bbc.co.uk/sound/shows/show18/video/?072 where you can see the show again. They are at 6 minutes 14 seconds.Peteds (talk) 01:49, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
- Some of the music descriptions in the "critical reception" area are too opinionated and not factual; at the least, they need quotes: —Preceding unsigned comment added by Dhanimau (talk • contribs) 03:15, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
"arguably misogynist content"
there are no arguments in references 4 and 5 that their lyrics are misogynist. reference 5 is a 404 error. reference 4 contains no reference to misogyny. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:05, 3 September 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on The Teenagers (French band). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080305215230/http://www.gigwise.com/contents.asp?contentid=41281 to http://www.gigwise.com/contents.asp?contentid=41281
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.