Talk:Third Ward, Houston
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
It has been suggested that six Houston-related articles: First Ward, Second Ward, Third Ward, Fourth Ward, Fifth Ward, and Sixth Ward be merged into one article—The six wards of Houston. Please discuss the proposed merger on Talk:Houston, Texas. —RJN 03:16, 23 June 2006 (UTC)
I am about to use:
- Wood, Roger. Down in Houston: Bayou City Bluyes. 2003, University of Texas Press. 1st Edition.</ref>
- The good news is that this book is on Google Books!!!! http://books.google.com/books?id=Kd4otgLoY2wC&dq=Down+in+Houston:+Bayou+City+Blues&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=fadjTOe1PIP68Aa0kqT6CQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false WhisperToMe (talk) 07:51, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
http://dept.houstonisd.org/ab/schoolboundarymaps/DouglassES.pdf WhisperToMe (talk) 04:21, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
African-American News and Issues did an article about Carl Hampton:
- Simon, Jesse. "Carl Hampton: “All he wanted to do was help his people.”." August 9, 2010.
- Turner, Allan. "UH exhibit focuses on Third Ward history, people." March 23, 2011.
The sidebar says: "THIRD WARD ON PARADE
University of Houston graphics and architecture students explore the history and culture of Houston's Third Ward African-American community in a multimedia exhibit.
• Where: Ryan Middle School, 2610 Elgin
• When: Opens 6 p.m. today. Runs weekdays through May 1.
After skimming the article, I must have missed the section where we're supposed to describe the Third Ward as "scary as fuck". Could someone take care of that?
- Do reliable sources say that? Who?
- Wikipedia:V states clearly that analysis must come from published, reliable sources. Analysis from "Joe Blow" would be WP:OR and is outside of Wikipedia's scope.
- Also Third_Ward,_Houston#Composition already mentions the problems in the northern Third Ward.
- WhisperToMe (talk) 00:35, 3 August 2011 (UTC)
Missing citation for "the Tre'
In order for The wikipediA to retaiple an its credibility as a source of unbiased and effective information and news for internet audiences and ordinary peo
Look. The Tre needs a citation.