Talk:Typhoon Shanshan (2006)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Typhoon Shanshan (2006) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Typhoon Shanshan (2006) has been listed as one of the Natural sciences good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|Current status: Good article|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Talk page archives: Archive 1
- Storm05 had some Taiwan impact... should we include it? íslenskur fellibylur #12 (samtal) 13:03, 27 November 2006 (UTC)
- His "Taiwan" impact was info on gusts on Iriomote, which is actually a Japanese island and covered as such. The only other thing I can see is flight cancellations, but those sources links have expired. On that note, while re-writing this article I noticed that a lot of impact had been copied verbatim from sources. This is in clear violation of copyright. Someone should check all his recent articles to ensure no copyvios slipped through. – Chacor 14:08, 27 November 2006 (UTC)
- Very nice article, look forward to GA at least. - SpLoT (*T* C+u+g+v) 14:14, 27 November 2006 (UTC)
Anyone willing to help me go over the article and do a minor copyedit? I did parts of the Japan impact section in class, so may have made minor errors (spacing and punctuation, most likely). – Chacor 10:15, 28 November 2006 (UTC)
- I suppose I'll GA nom it now and check for minor errors while it waits its turn... – Chacor 12:26, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
Congrats to the editors. Here's my review of the article.
- Well-written - Pass - I found only one typo, which I fixed. Some parts might be a little confusing to non-specialist readers, though largely that is due to having four warning centers for one storm. Perhaps there could be a "Differences between warning centers" subsection to the storm history, which would allow the storm history to be more focused on the actual storm (and not what the warning centers said about the storm). Lede section is good, MOS is good, and technical terms are appropriately wiki-linked.
- Factually accurate - Pass, though a source should be added indicating it passed over Iriomote and when the JTWC declared it extratropical
- Broad - Weak Pass - The storm history could use some more focus on the storm, as mentioned above. For example, it is unclear when and why the storm turned to the north-northeast, when and why it started to weaken. Also, is there any impact in Taiwan or China? There are preps for there. Maybe the impact should just be one section without the sub-sections, as South Korea's section is rather short.
- Non-POV - Pass
- Stable - Pass
- Images - Pass - While I'd love to see damage pics for every storms, some you just can't have. Good use of the satellite images.
GA Sweeps Review: Pass
As part of the WikiProject Good Articles, we're doing sweeps to go over all of the current GAs and see if they still meet the GA criteria. I'm specifically going over all of the "Meteorology and atmospheric sciences" articles. I believe the article currently meets the criteria and should remain listed as a Good article. I have made several minor corrections throughout the article. Altogether the article is well-written and is still in great shape after its passing in 2006. Continue to improve the article making sure all new information is properly sourced and neutral. It would also be beneficial to update the access dates of the website sources. If you have any questions, let me know on my talk page and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I have updated the article history to reflect this review. Happy editing! --Nehrams2020 (talk) 01:40, 4 March 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Typhoon Shanshan (2006). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071023224321/http://www.em-dat.net/documents/Annual%20Disaster%20Statistical%20Review%202006.pdf to http://www.em-dat.net/documents/Annual%20Disaster%20Statistical%20Review%202006.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.