|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Threads with no replies in 28 days may be automatically moved.|
Why was real channel 7 chosen for WJBK digital transmission?
Why did they choose to transmit WJBK-DT on a VHF frequency (channel 7) - instead of UHF?
I think this makes WJBK the only DT broadcaster in Detroit to use a VHF channel, which is a bone-head move given that most people would rather have a single antenna (UHF) to cover all channels. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:15, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
- They wanted the lowest available channel so people that watched analog 2 through antenna would still be able to pick it up with the same VHF antenna. I wish they would have chosen a UHF channel too, its hard to pick up on my UHF antenna. TomCat4680 (talk) 17:43, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
Major Editing Overhaul
This article needed a major edit and addtional information. Very shortly a number of footnote refrences for the new information will be added. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:02, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
When using the needed tags please help by suggesting in this talk section what the exact problem is as is the case with the disambig tags used after the channels. Otherwise its the same as a red check mark and its hard to know what the correct solution would be.
Also this article has no more major issues, its well cited over 50 times, there has been no disscussion since the tags were posted so they're coming down. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 15:50, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
A user readded the ref-improve tag without explination. If specific examples of where Wiki guidelines have not been met in the article can be cited here then they can be fixed or discussed here.126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:34, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
The Refimprove tag has been reinstated due to the following unreferenced paragraphs: Lorimar-Telepictures, With This Ring, and News operation. If you have any questions, please contact me. Fairly OddParents Freak (Fairlyoddparents1234) C 19:44, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
Adding unreferenced entries of former employees to lists containing BLP material
Hello, Please do not add unreferenced names as entries to the list of former employees in the article. Not including this type of material in articles abides by current consensus and its inclusion is strongly discouraged in our policies and guidelines. The rationales are as follows:
- WP:NOT tells us, Wikipedia is "not an indiscriminate collection of information." As that section describes, just because something is true, doesn't necessarily mean the info belongs in Wikipedia.
- As per WP:V, we cannot include information in Wikipedia that is not verifiable and sourced.
- WP:NLIST tells us that lists included within articles (including people's names) are subject to the same need for references as any other information in the article.
- Per WP:BLP, we have to be especially careful about including un-sourced info about living persons.
If you look at articles about companies in general, you will not find mention of previous employees, except in those cases where the employee was particularly notable. Even then, the information is not presented just as a list of names, but is incorporated into the text itself (for example, when a company's article talks about the policies a previous CEO had, or when they mention the discovery/invention of a former engineer/researcher). If an article already exists in Wikipedia for the person you're considering adding to the list, it is generally considered sufficient to demonstrate their inclusion in a list of past employees is appropriate. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:33, 8 January 2014 (UTC)