Talk:What Kind of Fool (Heard All That Before)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the What Kind of Fool (Heard All That Before) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Australia / Music||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Songs||(Rated Start-class)|
YouTube as measure of success
I edited this comment:- "The songs reception itself became one of Minogue's least successful singles to date, only scoring just over 20,000 views on Youtube."
This has a number of problems:-
- The use of the word "reception" implies critical response around the time of release, when most people hadn't even heard of the Internet, and YouTube was well over a decade away!
- Using one upload as an example- official or not- doesn't account for all the other uploads
- Doesn't take into account the time it was uploaded
- The "20,000" figure will inevitably date
- Synthesising the previous three points into a measure of popularity is bordering on backdoor OR anyway.