|A fact from Zoomusicology appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 7 October 2004. The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
||It is requested that a photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
|It is requested that one or more musical audio files be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons and included in this article to improve its quality. Please see Wikipedia:Requested recordings for more on this request.|
I've added the research of some zoomusicologists who I am aware of, but there are certainly more people to add. Please add more if you know of them! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Blackbirdsong2 (talk • contribs) 14:55, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- Icaros are believed to carry the healing force of medicinal plants such as tobacco and ayahuasca and to shape the visions produced by the ayahuasca intoxication.
I removed the above from the last paragraph as it has nothing to do with animals, music, or zoomusicology. Hyacinth 00:59, 11 October 2006 (UTC)
- The icaros (sacred healing songs and chants) sung by ayahuasca healers, or shamanic practitioners, among Amazonian tribes are evocative of many of the sounds of birds, insects, and other animals of the jungle.
I removed the above statement because it is entirely incorrect (and lacks reference and relevance). The relation of Amazonian healers with animals in sound is given, but not by the means of imitation or by being "evocative", see https://static.uni-graz.at/fileadmin/gewi-zentren/Sysmus/Dokumente/bbdm/2013_EFIntro.pdf 220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:45, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Zoomusicology. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20041022042450/http://www.zoosemiotics.helsinki.fi:80/zm/ to http://www.zoosemiotics.helsinki.fi/zm/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.