Taylors Beach, New South Wales
New South Wales
A picture taken of Taylors Beach from the shoreline
|Population||99 (2011 census)|
|• Density||18.7/km2 (48/sq mi)|
|Elevation||3 m (10 ft)[Note 1]|
|Area||5.3 km2 (2.0 sq mi)[Note 2]|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10)|
|• Summer (DST)||AEDT (UTC+11)|
|LGA(s)||Port Stephens Council|
|State electorate(s)||Port Stephens|
Taylors Beach is a suburb of the Port Stephens local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia. It is largely undeveloped except for some commercial and light industrial developments in the southern part of the suburb The largest population centre is at Taylors Beach itself, in the western part of the suburb, adjacent to Tilligerry Creek and Port Stephens. At the 2011 census Taylors Beach had a population of 99.
A large part of the residential area of Taylors Beach is not serviced by Hunter Water Corporation. People who live in these areas are dependent on rainwater collection to provide their drinking water. As well as pumping bore water to provide non-drinking water. Sewage disposal is done by either having a pump-out system in which the sewage is collected by a tanker truck or by the use of an absorption trench
Despite this all other essential utility's are available to Taylors Beach residents including Electricity service and National Broadband Network phone and internet access
Taylors Beach also home to the Port Stephens Fisheries Institute. Which is responsible for Fisheries Research and Compliance. As well as Aquaculture and Aquatic Bio-security.
The institute employs approximately 85 people and is run under the Department of Primary Industries (New South Wales)
- Average elevation of the suburb as shown on 1:100000 map 9332 PORT STEPHENS.
- Area calculation is based on 1:100000 map 9332 PORT STEPHENS.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Taylors Beach (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Suburb Search - Local Council Boundaries - Hunter (HT) - Port Stephens". New South Wales Division of Local Government. Retrieved 15 June 2008.
- "Taylors Beach". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 15 June 2008.
- "Port Stephens". New South Wales Electoral Commission. 24 March 2007. Retrieved 15 June 2008.
- "Paterson". Australian Electoral Commission. 19 October 2007. Retrieved 15 June 2008.
- "Nelson Bay (Nelson Head)". Climate statistics for Australian locations. Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 15 June 2008.
- "Taylors Beach". Land and Property Management Authority - Spatial Information eXchange. New South Wales Land and Property Information. Retrieved 15 June 2008.
- "Port Stephens Fisheries Institute | NSW Department of Primary Industries". www.dpi.nsw.gov.au. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
|This Port Stephens Council geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|