|Body and chassis|
|Class||City battery electric car (BEV), Zero-emissions vehicle (ZEV)|
|Body style||2-door hatchback|
|Electric motor||15 kW electric 3-phase asynch. motor|
|Range||140 km (87 mi)|
|Length||2,880 mm (113.4 in)|
|Width||1,560 mm (61.4 in)|
|Height||1,425 mm (56.1 in)|
|Curb weight||542 kg (1,194.9 lb)|
The Tazzari Zero is a battery electric microcar produced by the Tazzari Group, in Imola, Italy, and debuted in the 2009 Bologna Motor Show. The Tazzari Zero uses a lithium-ion battery pack that delivers an all-electric range of 140 km (87 mi).
The Tazzari Zero has rear wheel drive and the motor is situated above the rear axles. The car's Lithium iron phosphate battery pack charge time is nine hours (standard charge) and the motor can accelerate the car to top speed of 103 km/h (64 mph). Its range is 140 km (87 mi) in Eco mode (Green) and the motor has maximum peak torque of 150 N⋅m (111 lbf⋅ft). It is also possible to charge batteries to 80% in 50 minutes using 3-phase power supply (380V Superfast charger).
The aluminum-bodied car weighs only 542 kg (1,195 lb) with batteries. The car has normal options like: central locking, electric windows and mirrors, CD/MP3-player and 15-inch alloy wheels.
Base price starts at €20,300 plus VAT in the European market. In the UK it is priced at GB£18,000. In the US, where it is considered a neighborhood electric vehicle, the Tazzari Zero will be sold for US$29,900 and due to its battery size it will be eligible for a US$6,336 federal tax credit.
- Electric car use by country
- Government incentives for plug-in electric vehicles
- List of modern production plug-in electric vehicles
- List of production battery electric vehicles
- Plug-in electric vehicle
- Renault Zoe
- "Technical specifications" (PDF). tazzari-zero.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-06-26. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- "Tazzari Zero debuts at Bologna Motor Show, price revealed". AutoblogGreen. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- Tazzari Zero Official webpage
- Korzeniewski, Jeremy (2009-04-29). "Tazzari announces UK pricing for Zero electric car — Autoblog Green". Green.autoblog.com. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tazzari Zero.|