- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Cwmhiraeth (talk) 10:23, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
California Diamond Jubilee half dollar
Created by Wehwalt (talk). Nominated by Crisco 1492 (talk) at 13:15, 11 August 2014 (UTC).
- @Wehwalt: @Crisco 1492: New enough, long enough: an excellent article replete with in-line citations. Note that this is currently a GAN - unless urgent, would it be worth putting this on hold until the GA review is finished so the readers will receive an article of a certified standard? Just a thought. The hook is interesting, but I would rephrase it so it sounds a little less clunky - :ALT 1: ... that despite the California Diamond Jubilee half dollar (pictured) featuring a man panning for gold, it actually contains no gold at all? I think this is a little better. Furthermore, DYK rules state that the exact fact in the article must have an inline citation accompanying it - whilst I very well may be wrong, I cannot see this. For these reasons, despite the excellent prose and fascinating subjects, I am going to place this on hold for the nominator, creator or any other interested editors to make the required alterations. Acather96 (click here to contact me) 13:58, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- I believe the only thing possibly missing is an inline-citation for the lack of Gold. Wehwalt, could you cite the composition? Also, I'd much rather we avoid repeating "gold" twice in the same sentence. — Crisco 1492 (talk) 14:07, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- I've sourced it. No opinion on when it runs. We could end it with "contains only silver and copper?" Thanks for the nice words.--Wehwalt (talk) 16:56, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- Now that the composition is cited to an offline source in the infobox, all the individual parts of this hook now have supporting inline references in the article. Hence this is good to go! Acather96 (click here to contact me) 11:55, 15 August 2014 (UTC)