Church in Thesinge
Location in Groningen
|• Total||45.73 km2 (17.66 sq mi)|
|• Land||45.30 km2 (17.49 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.43 km2 (0.17 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1 m (3 ft)|
|• Density||161/km2 (420/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Ten Boer (Dutch pronunciation: [tɛn ˈbuːr] (listen)) is a village and a former municipality in the northeastern Netherlands, in the province of Groningen. The municipality had a population of 7,294 in 2017; the village of Ten Boer has approximately 4,600 inhabitants.
Dutch topographic map of the municipality of Ten Boer, June 2015
Notable people from Ten Boer
- Dirk van der Borg (born 1955), mayor of Graafstroom and Molenwaard
- Paul Drewes (born 1982), Olympic rower
- Hendrik Nienhuis (1790-1862), jurist and parliament member
- Remco van der Schaaf (born 1979), football player
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 9791CT". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
|This Groningen location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|