|Directed by||Kishore Kumar Pardasani (Dolly)|
|Produced by||Bellamkonda Ganesh|
|Written by||N. Linguswamy|
|Based on||Vettai |
by N. Linguswamy
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Cinematography||Arthur A. Wilson|
|Edited by||Gautham Raju|
Sri Sai Ganesh Productions
Tadakha (transl. Mettle) is a 2013 Indian Telugu-language action film directed by Kishore Kumar Pardasani. A remake of the 2012 Tamil film Vettai, the film stars Naga Chaitanya, Sunil, Tamannaah, and Andrea Jeremiah with the music composed by S. Thaman.
Sivarama Krishna (Sunil) and Karthik (Naga Chaitanya) are brothers . Siva is a timid fellow whereas Karthik is the tough guy. Siva's father often used to worry about his elder son as he was very foolish and scared. After, Siva 's father died ,Siva gets his Father's (Nagendra Babu) job after his death and is transferred to Vizag where Bagga (Ashutosh Rana) and Kaasi are gangsters ruling the roost . After joining , Siva when send to various cases , takes help of Karthik but doesn't reveal it to anyone . When a marriage proposal arrives for Siva. Karthik goes to see the bride, is surprised to see the same girl whose grandmother's veena he broke in front of their music shop. When Karthik meets the bride's younger sister Pallavi he falls for her. But is hurt when Nandini ( Siva's wife) reveal that her childhood friend is going to visit India to see Pallavi (Tamannaah). Karthik tricks him to send him back to America. After that, that is a violent attack on Siva and Karthik where Siva is seriously injured but the attack teaches him to fight back and at the end the two brothers finish Bagga together.
- Naga Chaitanya as Karthik
- Sunil as Sivarama Krishna
- Tamannaah as Pallavi
- Andrea Jeremiah as Nandini
- Ashutosh Rana as Bagga
- Nagendra Babu as Siva and Karthik's father
- Brahmanandam as Neighbour of Nandu
- Vennela Kishore as Ganesh
- Raghu Babu as Police Officer Hanumanthu
- Rama Prabha as Nandu and Pallavi's Grand Mother
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Commissioner
- Srinivasa Reddy as Reddy, Karthik's friend
The movie was released on 10 May 2013 after being given a U/A Certificate by The Censor Board.
Tadakha received good reviews from critics, now running gave it the rating 3/5 Idle brain gave a review of rating 3.25/5 stating "Tadakha has all ingredients to satisfy masses. apherald.com gave a review of rating 3.5/5 stating Don't Wait For Its DVD." 123telugu.com gave a review of rating 3.25/5 stating "Tadakha makes for a decent summer watch." Oneindia Entertainment gave a review stating "Tadakha is a good commercial entertainer and the director has nicely adopted Vettai in Telugu with few changes to suit the tastes of Telugu audience. It has some sentimental scenes to woo family audience. If you have not watched Vettai, don't miss this film." way2movies.com gave a review of rating 3/5 stating "Thadaka has all the right commercial elements including action, humor, romance, glamour with good technical values, also sticks to the Telugu audiences nativity factor. The film has all the needed elements to set the cash registers ringing at the Box-Office." Telugucinema.com gave a review of rating 3/5 stating "Tadakha is a decent mass entertainer. Time pass flick. Entertaining first half and glamour quotient are its strong points."
Tadakha was made with a budget of ₹150 million (US$2.1 million)Collected 15 Crores In 15 Days Declared as Blockbuster]
Tamannaah Bhatia took a pay cheque of ₹15 million (US$210,000) for Tadakha and Chaitanya took satellite rights as remuneration. Andrea took ₹5 million (US$70,000) and Sunil took ₹25 million (US$350,000) as their remunerations.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||24 April 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|S. Thaman chronology|
|1.||"Gana Gana Bottu"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Haricharan, Priyadarshini||3:54|
|2.||"Mara O Mara"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Suchith Suresan, M. M. Manasi||3:04|
|3.||"Subhanallah"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Karthik, Priya Himesh||3:09|
|4.||"Viyyalavaaru"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Neeti Mohan, Sooraj Santhosh, M. M. Manasi||4:40|
|5.||"Nuvvu Nenu Bomma"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Tippu, Ranjith||4:05|
- Won - Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor – Telugu - Sunil
- Won - SIIMA Award for Best Supporting Actor (Telugu) - Sunil
- Won - Best Actress (Critics) - Tamannaah Bhatia
- Nominated -SIIMA Award for Best Actress (Telugu) - Tamannaah Bhatia
- Nominated - Best Actress in a Supporting Role - Andrea Jeremiah
- Nominated - Best Actor in a Negative Role - Ashutosh Rana
- "Naga Chaithanya's And Sunil Multi Starrer Movie 'Bhale Thammudu' Confirmed - Telugu Cinemas |latest cinemaupdates". Telugucinemas.in. 15 May 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Naga Chaitanya, Sunil's Vettai remake launched". Telugu.way2movies.com. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Hansika opposite Naga Chaitanya Bhale Thammudu". Raagalahari.com. 31 May 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- * "Vettai to be remade in Telugu". Sify.com. 23 May 2012. Archived from the original on 25 May 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "'Vettai' as 'Bhale Thammudu' in Telugu - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 5 March 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Clichés canned". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- "Tadakha got 'U/A' censor rating". apHerald.com. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- nowrunning.com - Indian Movies, showitmes, reviews, videos - Indian movie portal
- "Tadakha review". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Tadakha (Thadaka) Telugu Movie Review, Rating - Naga Chaitanya & Sunil Film". apherald.com. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Review : Tadakha – Mass Entertainer". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Tadakha (Thadaka) - Movie Review". Oneindia Entertainment. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Tadakha Movie Review". way2movies.com. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Tadakha - Movie Review". Telugucinema.com. Archived from the original on 14 October 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Naga Chaitanya's Tadakha film news". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 20 April 2013.