The Bigelow Theatre
|The Bigelow Theatre|
|Also known as||''Bigelow-Sanford Theater
Hollywood Half Hour
|Created by||Jerry Fairbanks|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||27 (CBS)
|Running time||25 mins.|
|Original network||CBS (1950-1951)
|Original release||December 10, 1950– December 27, 1951|
The Bigelow Theatre (also known as Bigelow-Sanford Theater and as Hollywood Half Hour and Marquee Theater in syndication) is an American anthology series originally broadcast on CBS Television and on the DuMont Television Network.
This series is not to be confused with the similarly named The Bigelow Show, a musical variety program which aired on NBC and CBS in the late 1940s.
The series aired on CBS on Sunday nights at 6pm EST from December 10, 1950, to June 3, 1951. There were no regularly featured actors on The Bigelow Theatre, but guest stars included James Dean, George C. Scott, Raymond Burr, Cesar Romero, Lloyd Bridges, Martin Milner, Gig Young, Ann Dvorak, Ruth Warrick, Gale Storm, and Chico Marx.
After the series ended on CBS, the show was retitled The Bigelow-Sanford Theatre and aired on DuMont on Thursdays at 10pm EST from September 6 through December 27, 1951. There were 27 episodes on CBS, and 15 on DuMont, however, some of the DuMont episodes were reruns of the CBS series.
One CBS episode from February 11, 1951, "Agent From Scotland Yard", is held by the Library of Congress in the J. Fred MacDonald collection.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1951-52 United States network television schedule
- Brooks, Tim & Marsh, Earle (1964). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows (3rd ed.). New York: Ballantine. ISBN 0-345-31864-1.
- McNeil, Alex (1980). Total Television (4th ed.). New York: Penguin Books. ISBN 0-14-024916-8.
- List of episodes at CTVA
- "Reissues of 'Silver' Show To Pay Talent". Billboard. September 30, 1950. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1