|Origin||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Genres||Pop Rock, Pop Punk|
|Associated acts||We Are The In Crowd All Time Low|
The Maddigans are a Canadian Pop Punk/Rock band from Edmonton, Alberta. The band are best known their relentless touring, including playing 19 countries without a booking agent. They have also released 3 EPs and one studio album.
The Maddigans formed in 2008 in Edmonton, Alberta, consisting of Trisha Watson on vocals, Benn Kimmis on drums and Eric Paone on guitar. All of the members had been friends since junior high school and had performed in other bands together.
The band released their debut EP Say It Loud in 2009 via Cadence City Records. They added bassist Thaddeus Lake to the band and began to tour alongside western Canadian bands such as The Kick Off, The Perfect Trend and Acres of Lions. In 2010 they released another EP "Way To Start This" and toured across Canada for the first time with Everyone Everywhere. During this tour Eric Paone quit the band. Later that year the band added guitarist Seb Sanders as a replacement.
In 2011 the band toured the USA for the first time and played Canadian Music Week  In Toronto. They also played some Ontario dates with Set It Off. The band also signed a short-term deal with Track Avenue Records. In November that year bassist Thaddeus Lake was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver.
In 2012 the band released their EP "Love Vs Passion", their first with Sanders. They dedicated it to their former bassist Thaddeus Lake. By the time this was released the band had already done 8 Canadian tours and 2 US tours, covering "more kilometers than any [other] Edmonton band over the last 5 years". The EP release was immediately followed by their first UK tour.  The band would go on to tour the UK 6 times and Europe twice over the next 3 years. In 2016 they added Mike Hawman to the band as a bassist. They also released their first album "No Place Like Here", which was debuted on Alternative Press. Three songs from the release received regular airplay on Idobi Radio.
Circuit Sweet described the band as having a "weighty mix of pop punk and pop rock" and added "The Maddigans are hot on the heels of fellow Transatlantic upstarts As It Is who they hit the road with back in 2013. Blending a more traditional pop punk sound in the vein of State Champs with the mainstream rock of the likes of PVRIS and Twenty One Pilots, the latest record is an attempt to finally capture their energetic live performance in a studio setting."
|No Place Like Here|
|Love Vs Passion||
|Way To Start This||
|Say It Loud||
- Trisha Watson - Lead Vocals
- Benn Kimmis - Drums
- Seb Sanders - Guitar/Backing Vocals
- Mike Hawman - Bass Guitar
- Thaddeus Lake - Bass Guitar
- Eric Paone - Lead Guitar
- Kevin Vos - Bass Guitar
- "Celebrating the miles — and a music video — with The Maddigans". Sandra Sperounes (Edmonton Journal). 2013-05-13. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- "INTRODUCING: THE MADDIGANS ANNOUNCE DEBUT ALBUM + PREMIERE 'VENICE' VIDEO". CircusSweet. Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- "Coming Soon". Plugged In. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- Colar, Matthew. "Dawn At Dusk". BandMix. Retrieved June 30, 2017.
- Piera Savage. "TRACK AVENUE RECORDS ROCKS TORONTO'S HARD ROCK". CNW.NET. Retrieved June 30, 2017.
- "LiveMusicTO Exclusive: Set It Off/The Maddigans/After the Anthems/Live the Story/Freedom Thirty Five -".
- "The Maddigans bassist Thaddeus Lake passes away". Altpress.comauthor= Altpress.com. 2011-11-28. Retrieved June 30, 2017.
- "The Maddigans".
- "UK Tour". Facebook.com/Themaddigans. Retrieved June 30, 2017.
- "Get the first listen of the Maddigans' new album 'No Place Like Here' (exclusive) | Release Info". Sarah Force. Retrieved June 30, 2017.
- ".@TheMaddigans - "Venice" and @OLNband - "Sorry" are some of the best new songs we've heard this year. So we added them to rotation". twitter.com/idobiradio. 2016-01-25. Retrieved June 30, 2017.
- "Love Vs Passion EP". The Maddigans. September 9, 2012. Retrieved June 30, 2017.
- "Say It Loud! - The Maddigans". The Maddigans. April 2, 2009. Retrieved June 30, 2017.