The Man from Earth: Holocene
|The Man from Earth: Holocene|
|Directed by||Richard Schenkman|
|Music by||Mark Hinton Stewart|
|Cinematography||Bobby K. Richardson|
The Man from Earth: Holocene is an American drama science fiction film directed by Richard Schenkman and written by Emerson Bixby, based on characters created by his father, science fiction writer Jerome Bixby. It is a sequel to the 2007 film The Man from Earth. David Lee Smith returns as John Oldman, the protagonist. This film was uploaded to The Pirate Bay on January 16, 2018, by the creators themselves for completely legal download.
The plot focuses on university professor John Oldman, now calling himself John Young, who is secretly a Cro-Magnon man (or Magdalenian caveman) who has survived for more than 14,000 years. However, despite all those years of immortality, John has found that he has begun to age and he no longer heals as quickly as he used to. Meanwhile, four of his students have begun to suspect the truth about him and contact Art Jenkins, whose career fell apart after publishing a book about John's story.
- David Lee Smith as John Oldman/John Young
- William Katt as Dr. Art Jenkins
- Vanessa Williams as Carolyn
- Michael Dorn as Dr. Gil Parker
- Sterling Knight as Philip
- Brittany Curran as Tara
- Carlos Knight as Liko
- Akemi Look as Isabel
- John Billingsley as Harry
“People have been asking for this since the first movie became a viral phenomenon,” Schenkman said. “Over the years, I’ve spent time developing this property with the ultimate goal of creating a long-form series. I’ve had a lot of help from a number of really talented people, and stunning support from fans all over the world. It’s been a long road, but now that we’re about to start shooting, I could not be more excited.” 
Principal photography for the film began at June 1, 2016. It ended on June 16, 2016. Editing was completed on September 21, 2016. The producers have stated on Facebook that it may be the first in a series.
Release and P2P distribution
This film was uploaded to The Pirate Bay on January 16, 2018, by the creators themselves for completely legal download. Other partners include MovieSaints.com, where fans can pay to see the movie from January 19 but will get a full refund if they don’t enjoy it. It’s also available on Vimeo (see below) but the version seen by pirates is slightly different, in that it includes an opening greeting from Schenkman in which he asks for donations from people who enjoyed the film.
- McNary, Dave (2016-05-27). "Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Join 'Man From Earth' Sequel". Variety. Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- Andy (2018-01-16). "The Man from Earth Sequel 'Pirated' on The Pirate Bay – By Its Creators". torrentfreak.com. Archived from the original on 2018-01-16. Retrieved 2018-03-31.
- "Jerome Bixby's The Man From Earth". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "Man From Earth". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "Man from Earth: Holocene". MovieSaints. Retrieved January 31, 2018.
- "Discover amazing movies from around the world. Get a refund if you don't like a film". MovieSaints. Retrieved January 31, 2018.