The Mircom Group of Companies
Fire Detection and Voice Alarm Notification Systems
Card Access Security Systems
Building Management Systems
Corporate Sales & Marketing:
|Tony Falbo, CEO
Mark Falbo, President
Rick Falbo, VP Business & Market Development
Jason Falbo, VP Engineering
Laurie Eisner, VP Product Management
Victor Sebben, VP International Operations
Rocco Mastromartino, VP Manufacturing
Art Petrilli, VP US Sales
Domenic Ali, VP Finance
The Mircom Group of Companies (MGC) is a manufacturer and distributor of life safety and communications systems including fire detection & alarm, voice evacuation, controlled access and security solutions. The company is headquartered in Vaughan, Ontario.
- 1 History
- 2 Brands
- 3 Operations
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (May 2015)|
|1992||Mircom was incorporated in Ontario, Canada|
|1998||Mircom introduced FA-1000 Series Alarm Control Panels|
|2000||Introduced FX-2000 Intelligent Fire Alarm Control Panels
Introduced TAS-2000 Telephone Access Systems
|2003||Moved into a new 82,000 square foot facility in Vaughan, Ontario|
|2004||Launched International Sales Division
Acquired Secutron product line from SimplexGrinnell & Tyco Group
Won Vaughan Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year – Exporter Award
|2005||Acquired PRO-2000 product line from Securiplex Inc. (SNC-Lavalin)|
|2006||Launched Summit Systems Technology for security distribution market 
Won Vaughan Chamber of Commerce Manufacturing and Technology Excellence Award
Tony Falbo, President and CEO nominated for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Ontario
Mircom Group received ISO 9001:2000 Certification
|2007||Opened Mircom India Sales Office, the first International MGC Incorporated Company|
|2008||Expanded U.S. Operations with a new warehouse facility in Niagara Falls, New York
Opened Los Angeles Sales and Service Office
Expanded in Western Canada with new branch offices in British Columbia and Alberta
|2010||Acquired United Export Corporation (UEC)
Introduced FleX-Net Intelligent Fire Alarm and Audio Network System
Introduced TX3-Touch Screen Telephone Access Control System
Introduced OpenGN Building Management System Software
|2011||Won Vaughan Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year – Exporter Award 
Acquired Murray Electronics Inc., located in Ottawa, Ontario 
Acquired Kost Fire Safety Limited, located in Kelowna, British Columbia 
Mircom Vancouver expanded with new larger sales and Service office in Maple Ridge, British Columbia
Achieved Seismic Testing Certification for FleX-Net and FX-2000 Series
FlexNet receives UL 2572 Mass Notification System Approval
|2012||Acquired Signalink Technologies Inc, located in Kelowna, British Columbia 
Acquired North Carolina Systems Service Company, located in Clayton, North Carlolina 
Acquired A1 Fire & Security LLC, located in Miami, Florida, A1 Fire Sprinkler Company,Located in Lindenhurst, New York 
Acquired Robinson Solutions, Located in Toronto, Ontario
|2013||Nominated for a prestigious Edison Award for its innovative Open Graphic Navigator
Mircom Group of Companies was named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies of 2012
Winner of a 2013 Edison Gold Medal Award for Open Graphic Navigator in the Advanced Technologies- Smart Systems Category
|2014||Launched FX3500 Fire Detection and Intelligent Suppression Panel
Launched TX3 InSuite and www.smartcondo.com smart home solutions
Launched MiCare Wireless Nurse Call Solution
Requalified as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies of 2013
Debuted on Canada's PROFIT 500 ranking of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies 
|2015||Launched TX3-CX-1 POE Single Door Controller
Debuted on Branham 300 List of Canada's Top 250 ICT Companies 
Acquired Metis Secure Solutions, LLP of Oakmont, PA, USA 
|2016||Launched QX-Mini Voice Evacuation and Emergency Notification System
Launched 400-Series LED based Notification Appliances
Launched OpenBAS Series of Building Automation System Controllers for HVAC, Lighting, and Energy Management
Acquired Durham Central Fire Systems of Toronto, ON
Mircom is the principal MGC brand. Its product line is split into fire Alarm, communications and security systems.
Secutron has been manufacturing fire alarm systems since 1973, including conventional and intelligent fire alarm control panels, fire alarm networks, fire and security integration systems, and fire alarm accessories.
Secutron products are approved by Underwriters Laboratories (UL), Factory Mutual (FM), California State Fire Marshal (CSFM), City of New York(MEA), US Coast Guard, Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB) UK and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS).
Summit Systems Technology is a global brand that focuses the requirements of low voltage system installers and electrical contractors.
The Mircom Group of Companies is headquartered in Vaughan (Toronto), Ontario, Canada, with regional offices located in Niagara Falls, New York, USA; Mexico City, Mexico; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Bangalore, India; Dubai, UAE; and Singapore.
MGC™ employs over 500 people worldwide.
North American operations
MGC's US headquarters is located in Niagara Falls, New York. MGC operates a dedicated network of sales and service branch offices, across North America, under its Mircom Engineered Systems service brand.
Mircom's branch offices are known as Mircom Engineered Systems offices.
Canada Mircom Engineered Systems branch locations
•Victoria, BC •Maple Ridge (Vancouver), BC •Kelowna, BC •Calgary, AB •Edmonton, AB •London, ON •Toronto (Vaughan),ON •Toronto,ON (Gardia) •Ottawa, ON •Montreal, QC •Quebec, QC •Halifax, NS •Moncton, NB
United States Mircom Engineered Systems branch locations
•Los Angeles, CA •Chicago, Il •Niagara Falls, NY •Raleigh-Durham, NC •Miami, FL •Cedar Grove, NJ
MGC Systems International Limited supports the sale and installation of MGC's systems in more than 95 countries worldwide, with regional offices located in Bangalore, India and Dubai, UAE. Under its U.E.C. (United Export) service brand, MGC distributes a range of fire protection equipment to more than 70 international markets.
International Mircom Engineered Systems branch locations
•Mexico City, Mexico •Buenos Aires, Argentina •Bangalore, India •Dubai, UAE •Riyadh, Saudi Arabia •Singapore, Republic of Singapore, Asia
- Fire alarm
- United Technologies Corporation
- System Sensor
- Fire alarm control panel
- Manual pull station
- Emergency communication system
- "The Mircom Group of Companies Expands Into the Florida Fire Market by Reinvigorating a 37-Year Industry Veteran: "A-1 Fire & Security LLC" - Yahoo Finance". Finance.yahoo.com. 2012-02-06. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "About the Mircom Group of Companies (MGC)". Mircomgroup.com. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "SP&T News - August 2009". Sptnews.clbmedia.dgtlpub.com. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "Mircom Launches Summit Systems Technologies". Sdmmag.com. 2005-12-01. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- Wood, Michael (2011-05-03). "Vaughan Chamber 2011 Award Winners - Vaughan Chamber". Vaughanchamber.ca. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "The Mircom Group of Companies Acquires Murray Electronics Inc. - Yahoo Finance". Finance.yahoo.com. 2011-11-03. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "Mircom Group of Companies Acquires Murray Electronics Inc". Efytimes.com. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "Murray Electronics acquired by Vaughan-based group - Local - Ottawa Business Journal". Obj.ca. 2011-11-03. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- http://www.mircomgroup.com/press-releases/161-the-mircom-group-of-companies-acquires-kost-fire-safety-limited.html. Retrieved May 30, 2012. Missing or empty
- "The Mircom Group of Companies acquires Signalink Technologies Inc". Mircom.com. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- http://www.mircomgroup.com/press-releases/207-the-mircom-group-of-companies-acquires-north-carolina-systems-service-company.html. Retrieved May 30, 2012. Missing or empty
- "The Mircom Group of Companies Expands Into the Florida Fire Market by Reinvigorating a 37-Year Industry Veteran: A-1 Fire & Secur". Reuters. 2012-02-06. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "Forum, News, Reports, Analysis". Stock Markets Review. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "2014". Profitguide.com. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- http://www.branham300.com/index.php?year=2015&listing=1. Missing or empty
- "Mircom Group of Companies Acquires Advanced Emergency Communications Company Metis Secure". Reuters. 2015-04-13. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "MircomES, Mircom Corporate, Mircom Engineered Systems Home Page". Mircomes.com. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- "The Mircom Group of Companies Expands Into the Florida Fire Market by Reinvigorating a 37-Year Industry Veteran: "A-1 Fire & Security LLC"". Marketwire.com. Retrieved 2015-05-09.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120604022417/http://www.mircomgroup.com/about/operations/quality.html. Archived from the original on June 4, 2012. Retrieved May 30, 2012. Missing or empty