The Rite (1969 film)
|Directed by||Ingmar Bergman|
|Produced by||Lars-Owe Carlberg|
|Written by||Ingmar Bergman|
|25 March 1969|
A judge in an unnamed country interviews three actors, together and separately, provoking them while investigating a pornographic performance for which they may face a fine. Their relationships are complicated. Sebastian, a volatile heavy drinker in debt, is guilty of killing his former partner and is having an affair with the dead man's widow. Thea, a high-strung woman who is prone to fits and seemingly fragile, is currently married to Sebastian's new partner, Hans. Hans is the troupe's leader. He is wealthy, self-contained, and growing weary of the troupe. The judge plays on the trio's insecurities, but they may have their revenge when they finally perform The Rite in a private session with him.
- Ingmar Bergman – Priest
- Gunnar Björnstrand – Hans Winkelmann
- Anders Ek – Sebastian Fisher
- Erik Hell – Judge Abrahamson
- Ingrid Thulin – Thea Winkelmann / Claudia Monteverdi
- "Riten (1969): Release dates". Swedish Film Database. Swedish Film Institute. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
|This article related to Swedish film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|