American Dad! (season 8)
|American Dad! season 8|
Region 1 cover art for "Volume 8"
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||18|
|Original run||September 25, 2011– May 13, 2012|
|Home video release|
|Region 1||September 24, 2013|
|Region 2||August 5, 2013|
During the season, Roger travels to the Middle East to support the troops and meets Ricky Martin, Francine gets jealous with Stan's old flame and starts a catchphrase legacy, The Smith family adopts a new puppy and buys a new hot tub, Stan is cursed to living life as an old man, and attempts to fulfill his dream of being a best man by making Principal Lewis marry the school's superintendent, Hayley and Jeff adopting a demon baby, and makes a bet with Stan that he and Francine can live on minimum wage for a month. Guest stars of the season include Cee Lo Green, Gabourey Sidibe, Kristen Schaal, Sarah Natochenny, Kathy Griffin Anjelica Huston, Elisabeth Shue, Andrea Martin, Scott Foley, Sharon Lawrence, Sarah Michelle Gellar, David Boreanaz, Michael Peña and Emily Deschanel.
Also, the hurricane-themed crossover episode titled, Hurricane! with The Cleveland Show and Family Guy would have aired the previous season but was postponed due to the April 25–28, 2011 tornado outbreak in the Southern United States. It later aired on October 2, 2011.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|116||1||"Hot Water"||Chris Bennett||Judah Miller & Murray Miller||September 25, 2011||6AJN18||5.83|
|Cee-Lo Green narrates this twisted tale of Stan buying a hot tub to relieve his daily stress, only to get into hot water when the hot tub begins killing his family and friends.|
|117||2||"Hurricane!"||Tim Parsons||Erik Sommers||October 2, 2011||6AJN07||5.80|
|In the thrilling conclusion to the Night of the Hurricane trilogy/crossover, Stan tries to protect his family from a hurricane which started in Stoolbend, blew through Quahog, and is now headed for Langley Falls, but every increasingly poor decision Stan makes endangers the family more than the actual storm.|
|118||3||"A Ward Show"||Josue Cervantes||Erik Durbin||November 6, 2011||6AJN01||4.85|
|Roger becomes Steve's legal guardian, but gets overzealous in the parenting department with one part of it getting Principal Lewis fired. Meanwhile, Stan and Francine go to the nation's biggest water park -- and immediately get bored with it after riding every ride within the span of two hours.|
|119||4||"The Worst Stan"||Rodney Clouden||Nahnatchka Khan||November 13, 2011||6AJN11||4.87|
|When Stan realizes that he might never fulfill his dream of becoming a best man, he convinces his last single friend, Principal Lewis to marry the school’s Superintendent (played by guest star Anjelica Huston) and to choose him as his Best Man. Stan invites Lewis’ old friend from prison to the wedding only to discover a secret that could prevent the wedding from happening at all. Meanwhile, Roger finds the perfect pair of shorts in a strange room inside a Ross Discount Clothing Store and vacations in Miami, where he meets Latin pop singer Ricky Martin.|
|120||5||"Virtual In-Stanity"||Shawn Murray||Jordan Blum & Parker Deay||November 20, 2011||6AJN16||4.82|
|After discovering that he has never been there for Steve while growing up, Stan decides to use the CIA's avatar system to pose as a hot, blond teenage girl -- whom Steve plans to have sex with at the school dance. Meanwhile, Roger starts his own limo service, and when a group of frat boys "drive and dash," he goes on a manhunt to get his revenge.|
|121||6||"The Scarlett Getter"||Josue Cervantes||Matt Fusfeld & Alex Cuthbertson||November 27, 2011||6AJN09||4.48|
|When Stan runs into his former crush from CIA boot camp, his affection for her resurfaces, which drives Francine into a jealous frenzy. Francine convinces Roger to take up his best bachelor persona to try and separate the two. It works, until Stan discovers that Scarlett (his former crush) is actually the best alien hunter in the CIA who knew Stan was harboring Roger. Meanwhile, Steve (in a rush to get dressed for school) slips on Hayley's panties and is stricken with good luck -- until Snot takes them away to satiate his obsession for Steve's sister. When Steve accidentally reveals to Hayley that Snot has her panties, she breaks into Snot's bathroom and brutally beats him up to steal them back.|
|122||7||"Season's Beatings"||Joe Daniello||Erik Sommers||December 11, 2011||6AJN21||5.00|
|In this year's Christmas episode, Stan finds himself excommunicated from Christianity after news hits that he beat up Jesus (or rather, Roger dressed up as Jesus) during the town's Christmas pageant. Meanwhile, Hayley and Jeff adopt a child who may be the spawn of Satan.|
|123||8||"The Unbrave One"||Joe Daniello||Rick Wiener & Kenny Schwartz||January 8, 2012||6AJN13||4.79|
|After being branded a coward by Stan for not helping him during a movie theater fight, Steve takes Roger's advice and dresses up as a superhero, but the plan goes pearshape when Roger is the one who reveals that he's Langley Falls' local crimefighter. Meanwhile, Francine worries over being pregnant and gets dubious advice from an Internet physician known as "Dr. Vadgers."|
|124||9||"Stanny Tendergrass"||Tim Parsons||Keith Heisler||January 29, 2012||6AJN15||4.77|
|Stan puts Steve to work at the Harvercamp country club as a groundskeeper to show him the true meaning of hard work. Steve then discovers the owner of the club, Mr. Vanderhill, is actually one of Roger's personas and also the only one Stan can't see through. Meanwhile, Francine -- with Klaus's help -- tries to come up with a memorable catchphrase. Their final result is "Looks like things are getting too spicy for the pepper!"|
|125||10||"Wheels & the Legman and the Case of Grandpa's Key"||Josue Cervantes||Laura McCreary||February 12, 2012||6AJN17||3.59|
|Stan joins Roger and Steve’s fictional detective agency, but he ruins the fun by being extremely incompetent at his "job". Roger demands that Steve fire Stan, but Steve cannot bring himself to do it and ends up lying to Roger. Things take a turn for the worse when Stan ends tied up and tape-gagged during one of their "jobs", forcing Steve to go to town on how pathetic Roger's detective agency is.|
|126||11||"Old Stan in the Mountain"||Pam Cooke & Valerie Fletcher||Jonathan Fener||February 19, 2012||6AJN14||4.40|
|While waiting in line behind an old man to get hiking equipment for a trip with Steve and Hayley up Mount Kiliminjaro, Stan begins rudely insulting an elderly man in a wheelchair. The man, visibly angered, utters a latin hex that curses Stan to live as an old man. Unable to cope with the lifestyle of the elderly, Stan goes to drastic measures to reverse the hex. Meanwhile, Roger takes Francine on a road trip to a dance competition -- which turns out to be a plot involving a dead redhead, Roger's tenacious desire to have an authentic red wig and one of his old personas. Francine reaches a breaking point.|
|127||12||"The Wrestler"||Rodney Clouden||Alan R. Cohen & Alan Freedland||March 4, 2012||6AJN19||4.29|
|When Barry threatens Stan's old high school wrestling record, Stan enlists Roger to beat Barry and defend his small claim to fame. However, Stan is caught off-guard when Roger (under the persona of a fake Russian wrestler named Demitri Krotchliknioff) turns out to be the threat to Stan's high school record. The two promptly duel for 10 days on the wrestling mat. Eventually Francine shows up and reveals she talked Roger into breaking Stan's record to prove a point to Stan.|
|128||13||"Dr. Klaustus"||John Aoshima & Jansen Yee||Brian Boyle||March 11, 2012||6AJN12||4.62|
|Roger acts as the Smiths' family therapist Dr. Penguin (first seen on "Man on the Moonbounce" as a prison therapist), while Klaus watches each visit. Klaus eventually becomes irritated after watching Dr. Penguin convince the Smiths to repress their many repressed emotions. This leads him to trick Roger into switching into his Sgt. Pepper persona by sending him a fake deployment notice from the US Military. After Roger runs off to clean latrines in Iraq as Sgt. Pepper, Klaus takes over and ends up driving the family apart by revealing their horrible secrets (Stan's hatred of Francine's food and habit of dumping it in a secret shaft full of ravenous wolves, Francine stealing Stan's money to buy drugs, Steve using Greg and Terry as his alternate parents in order to score with a girl and avoid embarrassment, Hayley playing Ultimate Frisbee with someone else because of Jeff's lack of athletic ability, and Jeff having a crush on Francine). Unable to control the outbursts he caused, Klaus opts to bring back Roger to help straighten out the issues. Roger then conveys all of Klaus's suggestions to the Smiths about solving their issues and reminding the Smiths that Klaus needs to be taken seriously. Not like a pet fish.|
|129||14||"Stan's Best Friend"||John Aoshima & Jansen Yee||Jonathan Fener||March 18, 2012||6AJN20||4.61|
|Despite Stan's objections, Francine buys Steve the dog he has always wanted (despite that the family has already adopted two dogs: the 19-year-old walking corpse that Stan accidentally shot on the pilot episode and Fussy the dog in "Not Particularly Desperate Housewives"). However, when the dog suffers a horrific accident, Stan refuses to take the pup off life support because of a traumatic childhood incident. Meanwhile, after seeing Stan's dog on life support, Hayley and Jeff see a lawyer to plan out their last wishes and wills -- and Hayley discovers that Jeff holds the rights to Blues Travelers' first album master tapes, which he gave to the daughter of an old woman he married years ago. Hoping to obtain the tapes for cash, Hayley embarks on a road trip to bring them back.|
|130||15||"Less Money, Mo' Problems"||Chris Bennett||Murray Miller & Judah Miller||March 25, 2012||6AJN02||4.28|
|After losing patience with Hayley and Jeff for their freeloading ways, Stan bets the young couple that he and Francine can live on minimum wage for a month, but it starts to look like Jeff and Hayley could be right when Francine gives up on the deal and Stan becomes a homeless jenkem addict. Meanwhile, Steve and Roger embark on a mission to test drive a Ferrari after hearing that Klaus had one back when he was human.|
|131||16||"The Kidney Stays in the Picture"||Pam Cooke & Valerie Fletcher||Rick Wiener & Kenny Schwartz||April 1, 2012||6AJN22||4.18|
|When Hayley is put in the hospital for kidney failure (caused when Francine's old college friend comes to town and talks Hayley into drinking massive amounts of booze), Stan discovers (during a donor search) that he might not be Hayley's real father. Stan, using an experimental CIA time machine, takes Francine with him and goes back to the mid-1990s to find the man who possibly impregnated Francine. They also find coat midgets.|
|132||17||"Ricky Spanish"||Shawn Murray||Erik Sommers||May 6, 2012||7AJN02||4.82|
|While going through his costumes in the closet, Roger finds the costume of the worst persona he's ever done: Ricky Spanish. Meanwhile, Stan and Francine's sponsored child from Africa comes to visit them and eventually drives them mad.|
|133||18||"Toy Whorey"||Tim Parsons & Jennifer Graves||Matt Fusfeld & Alex Cuthbertson||May 13, 2012||7AJN01||4.13|
|Tired of his son acting childish by playing with toys and using his imagination, Stan takes Steve to Mexico to make a man out of him by having sex with a prostitute, but the trip turns deadly when they get abducted by drug runners. Meanwhile, Roger sets out to steal a rare bottle of wine that Greg and Terry bought from a French wine shop.|
All eighteen episodes of the eighth season were released on DVD by 20th Century Fox in the United Kingdom on August 8, 2013.
|American Dad Volume 8|
|Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|August 4, 2013|
- Lambert, David (July 17, 2013). "American Dad - Full-Sized Box Art Arrives for Fox's 'Volume 8 ' DVD Set". TV Shows on DVD. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "American Dad! Volume 8 [DVD] [NTSC]". Amazon UK. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Seidman, Robert. "Fox Renews 'American Dad' for a Seventh Season". TV by the Numbers.
- Ausiello, Michael. "Breaking: Fox Renews American Dad". TVLine.
- FOX 2011 - American Dad!
- McPherson, Sam (May 1, 2011). "Tornados Postpone Family Guy Crossover Episode". TV Overmind. Ultimate Magazine Theme. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Fox Primetime". Fox Flash. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- Gorman, Bill (September 27, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Desperate Housewives,' 'CSI:Miami,' 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Up; '60 Minutes' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 28, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (October 4, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Pan Am' Adjusted Up + Unscrambled 'Amazing Race,' 'The Good Wife'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (November 8, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Family Guy' Adjusted Up; 'Pan Am' Down + CBS & 'Sunday Night Football'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (November 15, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Simpsons,' '60 Minutes' Adjusted Down + Final CBS & 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 16. Check date values in:
- Gorman, Bill (November 22, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'CSI:Miami,' 'Amazing Race,' 'Family Guy' Adjusted Up; '60 Minutes' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (November 29, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: Big Adjustment Up for 'Amazing Race'; No Adjustment for 'Once Upon a Time' + Steelers-Chiefs". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (December 13, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: No Adjustments for 'Once Upon A Time' + Giants/Cowboys & Unscrambled CBS". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (January 10, 2012). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Cleveland,' 'Family Guy,' 'American Dad' Adjusted Up + Unscrambled 'The Good Wife,' 'CSI: Miami' & '60 Minutes'". Retrieved January 11, 2012.
- Gorman, Bill (January 31, 2012). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon A Time,' 'Family Guy,' 'CSI: Miami' Adjusted Up; NFL 'Pro Bowl' Down vs. Last Season". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- Gorman, Bill (February 14, 2012). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Napoleon Dynamite,' 'American Dad' Adjusted Up; '60 Minutes' Adjusted Down + 'Grammy Awards' Finals". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: ‘Once Upon a Time,’ ‘Family Guy’ Adjusted Up + Unscrambled CBS". TV by the Numbers. 2012-02-22. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- Bibel, Sara (March 6, 2012). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Good Wife,' 'CSI Miami' Adjusted Up + 'Cleveland' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 13, 2012). "Sunday Final Ratings: '60 Minutes', 'America's Funniest Home Videos', 'Once Upon a Time', 'The Amazing Race' & 'Desperate Housewives' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 13, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (March 20, 2012). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Harry's Law' Adjusted Down to Series Lows; 'Desperate Housewives' Adjusted Up + Unscrambled CBS". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 20, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 27, 2012). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon a Time' Adjusted Up, 'GCB' Adjusted Down + Final CBS Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 28, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (April 3, 2012). "Sunday Final Ratings:'Once Upon A Time,' 'Bob's Burgers,' '60 Minutes' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Simpsons', 'Amazing Race' Finale, 'Harry's Law' Adjusted Up; 'Desperate Housewives', 'NYC 22' Adjusted Down". Zap2it. TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sarah (May 15, 2012). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon A Time', Family guy’, 'Survivor' Adjusted Up; ‘Survivor: Reunion', 'Dateline' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 15, 2012.
- "UK Release Date". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: American Dad season 8|