The Winds of Dune
First edition cover
Kevin J. Anderson
|Audio read by||Scott Brick|
|Series||Heroes of Dune|
|Media type||Print (hardback & paperback)|
|Preceded by||Paul of Dune|
The Winds of Dune is a science fiction novel written by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson, set in the Dune universe created by Frank Herbert. Released on August 4, 2009, it is the second book in the Heroes of Dune series and chronicles events between Frank Herbert's Dune Messiah (1969) and Children of Dune (1976). Before publication, the novel's title was initially announced as Jessica of Dune.
The novel opens with the Lady Jessica back on Arrakis following the disappearance of her son Emperor Paul-Muad'Dib, who according to Fremen custom has walked into the desert to die after he is blinded. The story of the friendship between Paul and Bronso Vernius is also told.
- "Fiction Book Review: The Winds of Dune". PublishersWeekly.com. June 22, 2009. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- Anderson, Kevin J. (November 29, 2009). "Dune blog: Official Story Chronology". DuneNovels.com. Archived from the original on November 28, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2010.
- Anderson, Kevin J. (March 23, 2007). "Sandworms of Dune blog". DuneNovels.com (Internet Archive). Archived from the original on October 29, 2007. Retrieved October 29, 2007.
- Anderson, Kevin J. (April 14, 2008). "Dune blog". DuneNovels.com (Internet Archive). Archived from the original on June 20, 2008. Retrieved June 20, 2008.
- "Best Sellers: Hardcover Fiction". NYTimes.com (Internet Archive). The New York Times. August 23, 2009. Archived from the original on November 27, 2013. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- Cassada, Jackie (July 15, 2009). "Review: The Winds of Dune". LibraryJournal.com (Internet Archive). Archived from the original on June 14, 2012. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
|This article about a science fiction book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Dune-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|