|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Erode|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Erode West|
Thindal (Tamil: திண்டல் ) is a selection Grade urban area, located 8 km from Erode Junction and 7 km from Central Bus Terminus, Tamil Nadu, India, well known for the Thindal Murugan Temple (Velayudaswami temple) - a model of Birla Mandir.
It is now being a part of Erode City, going to occupy a Mofussil Bus Terminus of the City soon. Ring Road which is connecting all the important roads of erode is planned to run through thindal.
The arterial road connecting Erode Central Bus Station and Perundurai Bus Station (College Rider Highway) runs through the heart of the town. It is a developing area due to the initiation of various educational institutions. Thindal is mainly famous for its educational institutions.
Institutions in and around Thindal
- Vellalar College for Women
- Vellalar College of Engineering and Technology
- vellalar B.ed college
- Vellalar Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- vellalar Nursing College
- Govt. High School, Thindal
- Bharathi Vidya Bhavan,(Main school), THINDAL.
- Bharathi Vidya Bhavan, (Branch), Therkku pallam, THINDAL.
- URC Matriculation School
- AET Matriculation School
- The Indian Public School,(CBSE)
- Geethanjanli All India Senior Secondary school - CBSE
- CS Academy -CBSE (BVB)
-  Source of the information.