Tim Smith (journalist)
Tim Smith is an American classical music critic and journalist.
Born in Washington, D.C., he received an M. A. in music history from Occidental College, Los Angeles. He has written for The New York Times, The Washington Post, Opera News, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel,BBC Music Magazine and others. He has reported for The Baltimore Sun as the classical music critic since April 2000, and as the theatre critic since 2009.
The American Association of Sunday and Feature Editors awarded him for best music critic. In 2005, Smith was elected president of the Music Critics Association of North America and served two terms.
- "Music:The Quintessential American Sound" (PDF). US Embassy. Retrieved May 27, 2010.
- "Tim Smith". Opera Chic. Retrieved May 27, 2010.
- "Tim Smith". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved May 27, 2010.
- "Message from MCANA President Donald Rosenberg". Music Critics Association of North America. Retrieved May 27, 2010.
- Smith, Tim (2002). NPR Curious Listener's Guide to Classical Music. Perigee. ISBN 0-399-52795-8.
- Symphony, Volume 53, Issue 6, American Symphony Orchestra League