|Elevation||172 m (564 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Amgurikhat, Rangajan and Jalukanibari are the important placesno of villages = approx. 62
Titabar is located at  and has an average elevation of 172 m (564 ft)..
In the 2001 Indian census, the Titabor subdivision had a population of 110,224. Males constitute 55% of the population and females 45%. Titabor has an average literacy rate of 81%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 77%; 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Titabor is well connected by road and railways. Na Ali connects the town with Jorhat. Buses and mini vans are daily ply from Jorhat to Titabor. For long distance ASTC operates direct bus from Titabor to Guwahati via Jorhat. It has a railway station on Lumding-Dibrugarh section of Tinsukia railway division of Northeast Frontier Railway. The nearest airport is Jorhat Airport.
Place of interests
The Thengal Bhawan is Located at Jalukonibari in Titabor, was built in 1880 by Raibahadur Siva Prasad Barooah. In 1929, he published a weekly Assamese newspaper. Later, he established his printing press and office at Thengal Bhawan and managed to publish a daily newspaper, Dainik Batori. The Thengal Bhawan is now used as a guest house.
- Regional Agricultural Research Station, Titabor
- Regional Agricultural Research Station was set up in 1923 at Titabor for the research of the rice of Brahmaputra Valley.
Teacher Training Institute
- District Institute Of Education and Training
- Borholla College
- Nabin Bordoloi College
- Nanda Nath Saikia College
- Titabar Junior College
- Amgurikhat High School
- Jatiya Vidyalaya, Titabar
- Bekajan Girls' School
- Bekajan L.P school
- Bekajan Mohgorh M.E & Higher Secondary School
- Birina Sayek High School
- Borholla Higher Secondary School
- Concept English School, Junior College Official page
- Gomoti Devi Girls' School
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Jorhat
- Jalukonibari higher Secondary school.
- Jalukanibari Girls' High School
- Kharikatia High School.
- Kharikatiya Jatiya Bidyalaya.
- Madhapur Girls' High School
- Melamati High School
- M.R.S.H School
- Padma Ram Sarmah Higher Secondary School, Madhapur
- Phulbari High School
- Pragjyotika Academy Official page
- Pragjyotika English School and Junior College
- Srimanta Sankar Vidyapith School
- Titabar Town High School
- Titaram bordoloi high school
The Titabar subdivision is part of the Jorhat (Lok Sabha constituency). The current MLA from its assembly constituency is Tarun Gogoi, the former Chief Minister of Assam - he has been in this seat since 2001.
- Ashok Saikia, Retd. IAS, Former Joint Secretary of PMO during Atal Bihari Vajpayee's tenure
- Bijoy Krishna Handique, former MP
- Haren Handique, freedom fighter
- Hemendra Prasad Thengal
- Tarun Gogoi, former Chief Minister of Assam
- Ghana Hazarika, first Chairman of Titabar Town Committee
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Titabar
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "List of Parliamentary & Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Assam. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-06.