|Elevation||172 m (564 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Amgurikhat, Rangajan and Jalukanibari are the important placesno of villages = approx. 62
Titabar is located at  and has an average elevation of 172 m (564 ft)..
In the 2001 Indian census, the Titabor subdivision had a population of 110,224. Males constitute 55% of the population and females 45%. Titabor has an average literacy rate of 81%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 77%; 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Titabor is well connected by road and railways. Na Ali connects the town with Jorhat. Buses and mini vans are daily ply from Jorhat to Titabor. For long distance ASTC operates direct bus from Titabor to Guwahati via Jorhat. It has a railway station on Lumding-Dibrugarh section of Tinsukia railway division of Northeast Frontier Railway. The nearest airport is Jorhat Airport.
Place of interests
The Thengal Bhawan is Located at Jalukonibari in Titabor, was built in 1880 by Raibahadur Siva Prasad Barooah. In 1929, he published a weekly Assamese newspaper. Later, he established his printing press and office at Thengal Bhawan and managed to publish a daily newspaper, Dainik Batori. The Thengal Bhawan is now used as a guest house.
The Titabar subdivision is part of the Jorhat (Lok Sabha constituency). The current MLA from its assembly constituency is Tarun Gogoi, the former Chief Minister of Assam - he has been in this seat since 2001.
- Swaheed Nawab Sahidur Rahman,Freedom fighter, Azad Hind Fauj
- Jageswar Sarmah, Litterateur and scholar,
Abdus Sattar, Padma Shri Award winner litterateur and scholar
- Siva Prasad Barooah
- Ashok Saikia, Retd. IAS, Former Joint Secretary of PMO during Atal Bihari Vajpayee's tenure
- Bijoy Krishna Handique, former MP
- Haren Handique, freedom fighter
- Hemendra Prasad Barooah
- Tarun Gogoi, former Chief Minister of Assam
- Hirendra Nath Dutta, Sahitya Akademi Award winner poet 
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Titabar
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "List of Parliamentary & Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Assam. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-05-04. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
Titabor is famous for its rich educational pedigree. It is home to the educational giant Pragjyotika, an institute which aims to provide a safe and challenging learning environment that consists of numerous curricular and extra-curricular activities for students. Pragjyotika Academy, situated in the heart of Titabor, is one of the top institutes of the state imparting education at a secondary level as well as for competitive exams like IIT-JEE(Mains & Advanced), NEET, AIIMS etc.It is a beacon of academic excellence nurturing young aspirants to face every possible challenge in today's highly competitive world. With a line up of faculties from Kota, Delhi, Visakhapatnam etc., it is the right place for a student to nurture and grow.