Location of Toholampi in FinlandSuomessa.
|• Municipal manager||Jukka Hillukkala|
|• Total||608.36 km2 (234.89 sq mi)|
|• Land||608.43 km2 (234.92 sq mi)|
|• Water||8.45 km2 (3.26 sq mi)|
|Area rank||139th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||218th largest in Finland|
|• Density||5.41/km2 (14.0/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.7% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||19.2%|
|• 15 to 64||61.6%|
|• 65 or older||19.2%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||20%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Central Ostrobothnia region. The municipality has a population of 3,290 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 608.36 square kilometres (234.89 sq mi) of which 8.45 km2 (3.26 sq mi) is water. The population density is 5.41 inhabitants per square kilometre (14.0/sq mi). Neighbouring municipalities are Kannus, Kokkola, Lestijärvi and Sievi.
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
- Hannu Hirvikoski, writer
- Pekka Jylhä, sculptor
- Mauri Leppänen, volleyballer
- Virve Nuotio, soloist
- Samsa Tuikka, runner
- Teemu Wirkkala, javelin thrower
- Albert Gebhard, painter
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "population_count" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|