|Full name||Thomas Banton|
|Born||11 November 1998|
Chiltern, Buckinghamshire, England
|Relations||Colin Banton (father)|
|T20I debut (cap 90)||5 November 2019 v New Zealand|
|Last T20I||10 November 2019 v New Zealand|
|Domestic team information|
|2017–present||Somerset (squad no. 18)|
Source: Cricinfo, 10 November 2019
Domestic and franchise career
The son of South African-born English cricketeer Colin Banton, he was a member of the acacdemy at Warwickshire County Cricket Club, undertaking his secondary education at Bromsgrove School. Transfering to King's College, Taunton to study for his BTEC, Banton impressed his house master Phil Lewis. Under Lewis's guidance, Banton chose to focus on cricket over multi-sports, where he was talented in hockey playing centre forward for England under17 team. Whilst playing cricket for Kings College against Somerset Academy in a Southwest Youth League match, he was tried by academy director Steve Snell in a second II game against Middlesex, and signed for the Somerset Academy the following week.
He made his Twenty20 cricket debut for Somerset in the 2017 NatWest t20 Blast on 16 July 2017. He made his first-class debut for Somerset in the 2018 County Championship on 18 September 2018. Banton was signed by Brisbane Heat in the Australian Big Bash League for the 2019/20 season.
In December 2017, he was named in England's squad for the 2018 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup. In September 2019, he was named in England's Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for their series against New Zealand. He made his T20I debut for England, against New Zealand, on 5 November 2019.
- "Tom Banton". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 16 July 2017.
- "NatWest t20 Blast, South Group: Middlesex v Somerset at Uxbridge, Jul 16, 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 16 July 2017.
- "Specsavers County Championship Division One at Taunton, Sep 18-21 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 18 September 2018.
- "English Prodigy Signs for BBL|09". Brisbane Heat. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Brook tasked with World Cup mood swing". England and Wales Cricket Board. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Bairstow dropped from England Test squad for New Zealand series". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "3rd T20I, England tour of New Zealand at Nelson, Nov 5 2019". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 5 November 2019.