Tony Singh (chef)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
Tony Singh is a Scottish chef from Leith based in Edinburgh. Singh has worked in the restaurant industry for over 22 years, beginning his career with an OND in Hotel Management from Telford College. A strong advocate of staff development within the industry and promoting the highest standards of food, cooking and service,Tony is a member of the Academy of Culinary Arts, the Craft Guild of Chefs and is a Master Chef of Great Britain. Singh also strives to promote the innovative use of Scottish produce through his membership in the Scottish Chefs Association.
Tony has worked in the restaurant industry for over 22 years, He has worked in some of Scotland’s most prestigious restaurants including The Royal Yacht Britannia, The Balmoral Hotel, The Royal Scotsman Train and Skibo Castle. He was Chef Patron at the Oloroso roof top bar and restaurant and opened a modern bistro called Tony's Table. He is also a kitchen consultant and former owner of roti Indian restaurant also in Edinburgh, considered one of the finest in Scotland.
Oloroso opened its doors in December 2001, Roti in 2005 (sold in 2008) and also the Ugly bread bakery and Tony's Table, a modern style bistro. On 8 August 2012,Tony announced after being approached by chaophraya earlier in the year that Oloroso was to close after 10 great years as one of Edinburgh's top restaurant. However, Singh has said he has other projects in the pipeline.
Tony singh has recently this year released a solo book called Tasty.
He first appeared on Ready Steady Cook in June 2008.
He also appeared in Series 3, 5 and 6 of the BBC's Great British Menu.
He appeared on a BBC 2 show A Cook Abroad. Tony went to India where he explored and presented traditional food of the Punjab.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2014)|
Singh has received a number of awards for his culinary talents including; Drambuie Chefs Association Best New Restaurant of the Year, Scottish Chefs Award Scottish Chef of the Year and SLTN Best Restaurant catering in Scotland chef of the year.
- Trew, Jonathan (31 March 2001). "Dinner with Tony Singh Currying new flavours". The Scotsman. Retrieved 3 September 2014 – via HighBeam Research. (subscription required (. ))
- Booth, Samantha (21 August 2007). "Singh for Your Supper; SCOTS CHEF TONY SINGH IS DETERMINED TO CHANGE OUR EATING HABITS FOR THE BETTER". Daily Record. Retrieved 3 September 2014 – via HighBeam Research. (subscription required (. ))
- "Chef Tony Singh's restaurant in Edinburgh set to close its doors". STV. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Dinner with the Chefs". The Sunday People. 15 December 2013. Retrieved 3 September 2014 – via HighBeam Research. (subscription required (. ))
- "The Incredible Spice Men: Todiwala And Singh".
- "Seasonal Favourites; Tony Singh and Cyrus Todiwala Have Won Awards and Wowed Monarchs with Their Indian-Influenced Cooking". Western Mail. 10 August 2013. Retrieved 3 September 2014 – via HighBeam Research. (subscription required (. ))